GDT: Devils vs. Jets - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Well yeah, it's shame the trades will be wasted because of mediocre goal tending... it's downright pain full to watch as we seem to out possession top teams but one breakdown is almost a sure goal... couldn't be more frustrating to watch.

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
The season was doomed after the Florida Carolina games. It's still doomed. The trades. Had to be made but will end up having been a horrible waste of resources. This team has proven all year it can play really well w out actually wining. There are too many things wrong w this starting w average at very best goaltending. The schedule is a beast. The team now knows in the locker they are in serious crisis mode. We are a an injury away from being rendered useless as well. But since Shero traded away all of our picks this years potential collapse could sting the nostrils a bit more. And don't be mistaken this is gonna be an epic collapse

Deleted

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The season was doomed after the Florida Carolina games. It's still doomed. The trades. Had to be made but will end up having been a horrible waste of resources. This team has proven all year it can play really well w out actually wining. There are too many things wrong w this starting w average at very best goaltending. The schedule is a beast. The team now knows in the locker they are in serious crisis mode. We are a an injury away from being rendered useless as well. But since Shero traded away all of our picks this years potential collapse could sting the nostrils a bit more. And don't be mistaken this is gonna be an epic collapse

"all of our picks" aka, 2

alrighty then!!

this is the kind of hyperbole that annoys me (and some others) on here. WE'RE DONE WE TRADED ALL OUR PICKS ITS OVER FIRE EVERYONE. do you understand how much of a baby you sound when you say things like that?

These same people would be the same ones saying "why didn't we bring in any upgrades at the trade deadline?!" had no moves been made.

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016

We're in a playoff spot

RELAXXXX

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i’m not saying i’ve mailed it in and will stop rooting for them this year, but i’ve certainly pre-accepted missing the dance for a sixth straight year. this way, squeaking in the last wc is a huge surprise and a cause for celebration.

i’m not mad, just disappointed.

Camille the Eel

Pssst. You're allowed to win games 2-1 and 1-0. Cory looked lost on the goals that went in. Wrister from way out - top corner over his glove & rebound shot wide that he freezes on like he thinks it hit him when it didn't for the easy tap-in? Goalie has to know where the puck is before the D on the original shot.

I've got him in fantasy and so I want him to do well but he acts like a guy with other things on his mind. What that is - no idea and not for me to say if it's for good reason but he's not the same Cory in net we saw the first couple of years.

I can't see how Laine gets loose in front of Cory five minutes into the game, all alone, ten feet in front of the goal. To me, giving up that first goal five minutes in was a BIG mistake that helped cost us the game. Cory needs to make that save also.

Don't we want a defenseman in front of the goal, between the Winnipeg's forwards and the goal, 100% of the time? Don't we need to have help in front of Cory? How do we let an elite goal scorer get behind our club with that much space five minutes in?

It's not just goal tending. It's HUGE defensive mistakes, night in, night out. We've been playing from behind way too much, like pretty much in every game we've lost lately.

I'd say that, once we get behind even a goal to a club like Winnipeg or Nashville early in a game, our chances of winning decrease to about 1 in 4. Once we get down two goals to such a club, our chances of winning are maybe 1 in 10.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i’m not saying i’ve mailed it in and will stop rooting for them this year, but i’ve certainly pre-accepted missing the dance for a sixth straight year. this way, squeaking in the last wc is a huge surprise and a cause for celebration.

6 straight and 7 out of 8.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who cares. His contract hasn't stopped Ray from doing anything and before a couple of months ago Greene was playing great and anchoring the top line.
Greene was playing great a couple months ago? Not really. He’s been bad all year.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

I'm mad and disappointed. Most of my anger is directed at Cory though, what a joke he's been for nearly 2 years.

Reactions: mtnet

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
The Cory trade in hindsight looks terrible on multiple levels, several of them not even fair to judge as part of a hockey trade... but it is all hindsight as it appeared to be a steal at the time. The Devils were in a position to hand off a goaltending baton to a young and able guy who seemed in everyones eyes ready to ascend to stardom, a unique opportunity given how difficult it looked like it was going to be to replace a legend and they did it in one swoop.

But as FANS, of course you can go back and look in hindsight. You lost a draft pick, ok. Cory would likely have been taken way higher than 9 if he was thrown into that draft on that day as he was at that moment (a finished product). What then proceeded to happen is that he created an akward parting with a franchise legend that resulted in #30 playing 7 terrible games in another sweater... stellar play in meaningless seasons that likely cost the devils draft position with players like McDavid, Eichel, Mathews, Laine etc at stake (coming away with Zacha and McLeod) and then when that stellar play was needed, doing just the opposite as we are witnessing now. It just hasn't worked in any way shape or form. It's just reality at this point. And with 4 years left what options are there but to hope it gets better? But the Lou contracts of Greene and Schneider are now looking like the biggest problems for this team moving forward.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I can't see how Laine gets loose in front of Cory five minutes into the game, all alone, ten feet in front of the goal. To me, giving up that first goal five minutes in was a BIG mistake that helped cost us the game. Cory needs to make that save also.

That puck can never go in, you are absolutely right. Just like the Armia-shot from that distance. Terrible goaltending once again.

Reactions: mtnet

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Don't we want a defenseman in front of the goal, between the Winnipeg's forwards and the goal, 100% of the time? Don't we need to have help in front of Cory? How do we let an elite goal scorer get behind our club with that much space five minutes in?

It's not just goal tending. It's HUGE defensive mistakes, night in, night out. We've been playing from behind way too much, like pretty much in every game we've lost lately.

I'd say that, once we get behind even a goal to a club like Winnipeg or Nashville early in a game, our chances of winning decrease to about 1 in 4. Once we get down two goals to such a club, our chances of winning are maybe 1 in 10.

We have a defensive liability on everyone of our pairings. Greene is a idiot and shouldn't be facing the other teams top line, Severson makes bonehead plays in his own zone more often then not and Lovejoy is a turnover machine.

When you're banking on Vatanen to carry our 1st pairing, Moore on our 2nd and Butcher on our 3rd... you're bound to get screwed eventually. Add to the fact that our goaltending has been abysmal and we can't get any offense outside of Taylor Hall.

The worst part is that we aren't playing bad hockey but the mistakes we make, at crucial times, are knee bucklers.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

When you watch the next game, the defensemen follow the attacking forward back to the blue line if the attacking forward retreats. The forward is supposed to cover down low, but they always seem too get back too late. It's a strategy that drives me crazy. They've given up so many goals this way

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Who cares. His contract hasn't stopped Ray from doing anything and before a couple of months ago Greene was playing great and anchoring the top line.
Yeah but its his spot as much as his contract. Personally,, regardless of playoffs or not, think Devils need to upgrade that Greene spot and don't want it to be at expense of Moore leaving and Greene being bumped down into Moore's spot. Think Moore is a really good fit as a bottom pair guy here. Carlson is the ultimate dream scenario and Green's roster spot is as much a hinderance to that (if Moore re-signed) as his contract is. Plus, yes, Hall should absolutely be given the C. He is the C now, everyone knows it. That should happen and I believe will happen.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
You're genuinely clueless if you think Moore is "carrying" his pairing. Complete lack of understanding of the game. Laughable.

Guy, give it up... Severson blows. He's been the direct reason why Montreal scored at least 3x on tuesday and made a pee-wee play against the Jets that gave them the GWG when we were outplaying them and fighting for our lives.

If I was capable of creating gifs, I'd show you his HORRRRRRRIBLE play he made yesterday. The guy was out of position (again), on his freaking belly in the slot, waiving his stick to try and break the play up when Ehlers was standing all alone for a tap-in.

Your so in love with something about his game that it's making you say dumb things when you're a real solid poster. His offense is garbage (9g, 10a in 65 games), his defensive play is even worst and he's probably the least physical dman I've seen us ice in a long, long time.

The only thing I can give you is that he does have upside but he's not constant and doesn't seem to understand what the coaching staff wants him to do.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Guy, give it up... Severson blows. He's been the direct reason why Montreal scored at least 3x on tuesday and made a pee-wee play against the Jets that gave them the GWG when we were outplaying them and fighting for our lives.

If I was capable of creating gifs, I'd show you his HORRRRRRRIBLE play he made yesterday. The guy was out of position (again), on his freaking belly in the slot, waiving his stick to try and break the play up when Ehlers was standing all alone for a tap-in.

Your so in love with something about his game that it's making you say dumb things when you're a real solid poster. His offense is garbage (9g, 10a in 65 games), his defensive play is even worst and he's probably the least physical dman I've seen us ice in a long, long time.

The only thing I can give you is that he does have upside but he's not constant and doesn't seem to understand what the coaching staff wants him to do.
Every line of this is wrong and awful.

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Please, prove me wrong. Tell me what is so great about Damon Severson... I'll listen and I'm level headed enough to give you credit if your points are valid, something you should probably learn to do as well.
lol no thanks. Not worth the time of day if you actually believe "he blows". Remember when you were trying to say you valued him the other day? Remember when you wanted to deal him for OEL? That doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->