Confirmed with Link: Devils trade 2nd and 4th rounders for Mirco Mueller and 5th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He obviously means that perceived 'better' defensemen (TVR, Schlemko) went for less today. Although with TVR it wasn't that much less.

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
All the Knights got for Schmelko was a 5th Round pick.

Another point to ponder for those people who somehow feel getting nothing for Merrill is a disaster.

Also a point to ponder for those who were happy with giving a 2 for Mirco Mueller and justified by saying the GM had no other options based on the market.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Also a point to ponder for those who were happy with giving a 2 for Mirco Mueller and justified by saying the GM had no other options based on the market.

Do you understand the difference between a 22 year old DMan who was a former 1st round pick with clear upside and a 30 year old journeyman?

and I like Schlemko.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Schlemko is 30. Mueller is 22.

It may have been a slight overpay, but I really don't give a rat's ass. Harping on it is just annoying.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
He's 30 years old and still has three years left on his deal. They're not comparable. Compare him to TVR.

Even comparing him to TVR isn't a great comparison because Mueller has 5 years of team control left and TVR has 2.

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
Do you understand the difference between a 22 year old DMan who was a former 1st round pick with clear upside and a 30 year old journeyman?

and I like Schlemko.

"Clear upside" is disputable and as we have said earlier today we should not state things as fact when they are your opinion. I do understand the age difference - just like the age difference between Merrill and Schlemko (5 years) which is the comparison that I was responding to in the first place.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
"Clear upside" is disputable and as we have said earlier today we should not state things as fact when they are your opinion. I do understand the age difference - just like the age difference between Merrill and Schlemko (5 years) which is the comparison that I was responding to in the first place.

If the team did not believe he had clear upside, do you really think they would've paid a 2nd round pick?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Jon Merrill stinks. Where the hell did the championing of this player come from all of the sudden?

Last edited by a moderator:

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
If the team did not believe he had clear upside, do you really think they would've paid a 2nd round pick?

What is this post supposed to accomplish? If the team didn't want to make the trade they wouldn't have made the trade. I think everyone understands that. This team does not get the benefit of the doubt that everything they want to do is the right thing to do. I'm not sure any team shoudl get the benefit of the doubt, but certainly not the Devils right now.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don't know what this means.

It was a relatively small trade and we haven't even seen the guy play. There are much bigger things happening, how about you just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
Jon Merrill stinks. Where the hell did the championing of this player come from all of the sudden?

Another statement of fact that really isn't. Do yo have a source? Where did this come from? Because guys like you on the San Jose board say the same thing about Mueller. So what?

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014

Not trying to be a wise guy but shouldn't we discuss things based on what information we can gather and not from the viewpoint of what the team thinks? Otherwise the baseline assumption simply is that every move we make is a good one until proven otherwise. I personally can't operate that way. I have to try and look at the whole picture myself. I can't just say well the team likes him so that's good enough for me. Others view things differently I guess.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Another statement of fact that really isn't. Do yo have a source? Where did this come from? Because guys like you on the San Jose board say the same thing about Mueller. So what?

It really is a fact. Merrill is not an NHL player. He's one of the worst players in the entire league at generating shots, and is inconsistent as he'll when watching him.

I really feel like Moore's speed and threat off the rush is the only reason he was protected. Besides Severson he's our only defenseman that can move like that. Otherwise his stats are mostly garbage just like Merrill's.

RAKfVU1.png

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
I don't know what this means.

It was a relatively small trade and we haven't even seen the guy play. There are much bigger things happening, how about you just move on.

This little off-shoot conversation started because somebody compared the Schlemko trade to the Merrill exposed and lost transaction. Nobody jumped on that guy saying that at least Schlemko got a draft pick, or hey "do you understand the difference between a 25 year old dman and a 30 year old dman"... But if you can cite Schlemko in some way to make a point about Merrill why cant you do the same to make a point about Mueller. Nobody had an issue with a Schlemko for a 5th vs Merrill for nothing plus trading a 2 for his replacement comparison, but everyone has an issue with the Schlemko for a 5th vs Mueller for a 2 plus losing another d comparison.

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
It really is a fact. Merrill is not an NHL player. He's one of the worst players in the entire league at generating shots, and is inconsistent as he'll when watching him.

Where is he on shot suppression? Also can I see that HERO vs Mueller?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This little off-shoot conversation started because somebody compared the Schlemko trade to the Merrill exposed and lost transaction. Nobody jumped on that guy saying that at least Schlemko got a draft pick, or hey "do you understand the difference between a 25 year old dman and a 30 year old dman"... But if you can cite Schlemko in some way to make a point about Merrill why cant you do the same to make a point about Mueller. Nobody had an issue with a Schlemko for a 5th vs Merrill for nothing plus trading a 2 for his replacement comparison, but everyone has an issue with the Schlemko for a 5th vs Mueller for a 2 plus losing another d comparison.

Schlemko is a much better player than Merrill.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Schlemko is also a much better player than Mirco Mueller...

Don't care that the latter one is younger. I don't see him ever becoming that good. I wish we'd kept that 2nd rounder.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
These is the times when I run off to /r/devils, as pointless negativity just gets downvoted. Disagreement and debate is healthy though. Just not to the amount where every parade needs to get rained on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->