Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I'm starting to think he won't get a contract anywhere.

Part of me is still skeptical that he ever really wanted to actually play anywhere else. Then the other part of me thinks that he does, but that he priced himself out of the market. Pretty much all the teams I saw him going to, have already signed other guys.

I think he was hoping for a nice offer because of who he is (or was)
but reality is setting in sadly

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Peigi, somehow assuming that your logic about Marty getting "fired up" is correct...in the regular season, you don't get extra credit for playing better against good teams if you **** the bed against bad teams. There's no more points dolled out for a win against than Penguins than the Hurricanes.

Which, quite honestly, is a problem the entire team has had. They tend to play to the level of their opposition.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
When you're arguably the best ever at your position, I imagine it's pretty hard to admit you're not what you once were. It's happened to plenty of other great athletes. There's no reason to think Marty was going to be immune. And that's pretty much all I'm going to say about it. He's gone. Cory is here. Time to move on. Arguing about which guy had a better save percentage on games played on Wednesday under a full moon isn't going to change anything.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
You notice you didn't get an answer from any stat people?

Quick doesn't really fit nicely in that sv% box. His career numbers are quite average...but you'd be hard pressed to argue he is not one of the best goaltenders in the league...so you didn't get an answer.

Fact is what Quick did in the regular season any goalie could do...kind of funny that both his backups had significantly better sv% than he did.

The reason LA could use 3 goalies this season and all of them get positive results is A. The results are because of the team and B. Goalies aren't different from one another and that is why they are irrelevant.

Edit: (playoff time is different)

Didn't respond because Quick has been an average goalie with an historic year in 2011-12. He was average in the regular season this year and average in the playoffs. Of course Quick has had injury issues during his early career which probably hasn't helped him. Quick was also great in 2012-13 playoffs, but below average in the regular season.

If you theory was correct (which it isn't - like not even close) no team in the cap era would offer anyone a long term contract above league min. No one would offer even slightly above average goalies 6+ million.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad