Devils Make Statement With Road Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
The New Jersey Devils made a major statement Sunday night, going on the road to beat the defending Stanley Cup champion Ottawa Senators by a score of 6-3. The Devils made numerous moves in the off season to try and move from rebuilding to contending, and the biggest of those came up big in this game. Ilya Kovalchuk had a hat trick and added an assist, as the line of Kovalchuk, Drury, and Gaborik combined were named the three stars. The Devils are now 3-0 on the season, having outscored their opponents 14-5 thus far, with two of the three coming on the road. The Devils will next be at home to face the Western powerhouse Detroit Red Wings in what will be another big test. The Devils wil be without two left wings, as both Petr Bondra and Pierre Dagenais will be out with injury.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
kasper11 said:
The Devils will next be at home to face the Western powerhouse Detroit Red Wings in what will be another big test.

If Redwings is western power house than I wonder what you call Blues and Blue Jackets :D

HFNHL Red Wings

islanders said:
If Redwings is western power house than I wonder what you call Blues and Blue Jackets :D

I think Rich was just being generous. That said, his forwards are a little beaten up atm so I might just have a shot at ending his winning streak :propeller

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
HFNHL Red Wings said:
I think Rich was just being generous. That said, his forwards are a little beaten up atm so I might just have a shot at ending his winning streak :propeller

But you did manage to beat Blue Jackets so your team is no less than the powerhouse :bow:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
islanders said:
But you did manage to beat Blue Jackets so your team is no less than the powerhouse :bow:

With all due respect to the wings, I think my Jackets managed to lose more than Detroit won. Brodeur is clearly feeling the effects of the long layoff, but when's he's up to game-shape, we hope to live up to the prognosticators' kind rankings of our team.

For now, at least the games are, um, exciting. (Also nerve-wracking, alarming, dstressing, and all sorts of other good words...)

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Re: Pesky Devils

It looks like the 3 Devils were shut out today not by the Power House but by Power Defence. :cry:

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
Given up just the 4 goals in 5 games, huh?

Well, time for the rematch from opening night.

We're scoring at least two!

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Wild GM said:
Given up just the 4 goals in 5 games, huh?

Well, time for the rematch from opening night.

We're scoring at least two!

Sorry, you started out well but coudn't keep up for 60 minutes. A well played game. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->