Confirmed with Link: Devils Ink Josh Jacobs to ELC

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good god...there are no words for how insane this day has already been :laugh:

Is there literally anyone else Shero HASN'T signed yet (other than the guys still playing)?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hear rumblings Kovalchuk is next :sarcasm:

He's not a prospect :P

You get a ELC, you get a ELC, you get a ELC

YES that's the Oprah meme I was trying to figure out before

5172580.jpg

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Anyway Jacobs is another promising prospect. Sounds like he was getting lots of praise from the Sting fans. Thinglonger could tell us more.

I can pitch in a little bit. He's a mobile defenseman who likes to make plays. Not super flashy, but very solid. The Sting announcers called him the Sting's best defenseman in the back half of the season.

Very promising future in my eyes.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
so just FYI..

in contrast to Wood/Santini, Jacobs signed his ELC to begin next year and will report to Albany on an ATO.

he's not eligible to play in the NHL but he also will not burn a year of his ELC like the others.

(then Zacha is another scenario where because he is 18 or 19, his ELC will slide if he doesn't play 9 NHL games.. so he and Jacobs will have another 3 years of ELC while Wood/Santini will have 2)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can pitch in a little bit. He's a mobile defenseman who likes to make plays. Not super flashy, but very solid. The Sting announcers called him the Sting's best defenseman in the back half of the season.

Was high praise considering Chychrun played on that team too.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Anyway Jacobs is another promising prospect. Sounds like he was getting lots of praise from the Sting fans. Thinglonger could tell us more.

Thanks Eddy.

Jacobs is really intriguing to me because I still think he's got a little more offensive potential in his game. He scored 24 points (4 goals, 20 assists) in 67 games this season, most of which came in the second half of the season. As Void writes, yes, the Sting announcers did say during a game roughly in February that he was the Sting's best defenseman of the second half of the season for the Sting.

His game style is really solid. He's rock solid defensively, but can oftentimes lead the rush when exiting the zone. He skates rather well too, sometimes he just zips around an opposing player. He's got one heck of a slapshot, he just doesn't use it too often. He's got a great pass too, and good vision to start a play or continue the cycle. Some areas of work for him include more consistency on the offensive side of things and polishing out his overall game. I think his potential is a Ryan McDonaugh type player. Definite top-4 potential in my eyes.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Do any of these signings conflict with the expansion team or are these kids all grandfathered in?
I know it's like 1-2 yrs but was not sure
Shero is moving and shaking

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thanks Eddy.

Jacobs is really intriguing to me because I still think he's got a little more offensive potential in his game. He scored 24 points (4 goals, 20 assists) in 67 games this season, most of which came in the second half of the season. As Void writes, yes, the Sting announcers did say during a game roughly in February that he was the Sting's best defenseman of the second half of the season for the Sting.

His game style is really solid. He's rock solid defensively, but can oftentimes lead the rush when exiting the zone. He skates rather well too, sometimes he just zips around an opposing player. He's got one heck of a slapshot, he just doesn't use it too often. He's got a great pass too, and good vision to start a play or continue the cycle. Some areas of work for him include more consistency on the offensive side of things and polishing out his overall game. I think his potential is a Ryan McDonaugh type player. Definite top-4 potential in my eyes.

Defensive well isn't dry yet!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Do any of these signings conflict with the expansion team or are these kids all grandfathered in?
I know it's like 1-2 yrs but was not sure
Shero is moving and shaking

They should be protected under the 1-2 year deal. We needed to get the college kids signed as they would of been exposed without deals (not that the odds were high they got picked, but still).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad