Pre-Game Talk: Devils in the SENS Den tonight, 7:30pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Totally valid to be concerned based on the track record. I would still rather take a stab at a trade than just let him walk, but i get it. I was only responding to the one line that we're ****ed when he walks in 2019.

Yeah, I can’t see us losing him for nothing.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Post game saying Burrows penalty was selfish... I agree its undisciplined and puts your team down ... If someone cheap shotted your goalie .. I'd say go after him.. if someone hits you... you take a number and hit him back.
This is the one part I did get. I thought hall took a run at someone else’s. Didn’t realize it was at him lol

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Ray Ferraro pointed out Chabot has gotten better timing defensively, when Wood tried to chip the puck around him. I mean that skating backwards was the same speed for that short distance as Miles Wood. Then he hits him (rubs him:sarcasm:) off the puck. Also the sweet sweet pass to White for the first of many.

Also White is flippin fast man. As fast as flipper flips white can flippin skate. He just shifts past everyone, real strong acceleration and always puts the puck in the right place when he dumps it in or around the offensive-boards. Takes timing and awareness. Also he scored, see paragraph 1.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wideman commented that McCormick isn’t afraid of anyone. Just 170lbs of unadulterated rage :laugh:

He looked like he'd been fired from his job last week, his wife left him yesterday, and his dog died earlier in the afternoon... and then Lovejoy coming after him was the last straw - McCormick just snapped, like a man with nothing left to lose in life, and took out all of the frustrations he had in life on Lovejoy's unsuspecting face.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He looked like he'd been fired from his job last week, his wife left him yesterday, and his dog died earlier in the afternoon... and then Lovejoy coming after him was the last straw - McCormick just snapped, like a man with nothing left to lose in life, and took out all of the frustrations he had in life on Lovejoy's unsuspecting face.
Either that or someone didn’t accelerate past 70km/h on the on ramp when he was driving to the arena.

Reactions: Smash88 and 18Hossa

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
At the beginning of the season our best line was Ryan-Brassard-Stone.

Now Hoffman-Duchene-White play pretty well together.

You put Dzingel with Pageau and Smith on the 3rd.

Not bad if they can stay healthy for next season.

I like this. Only we have to trade somebody :popcorn:

Trade Smith now whilst he is hot. Dorion should be getting calls, Calgary def saw that sweet penalty and goal, 2/3 Gordie How Hattrick in 12 seconds. Calgary loves that stuff. House smells like barn though still jk, but I have heard.

Trade Pageau or Brassard. Too many centres coming up. Chlapik will most likely be ready next year. For centre? Maybe. But White certainly could fill in that that 2 or 3 spot right now even. Guy looks good. Plus Brown didn't look bad at the beggining of the year and he might just step in and ruin the whole party in September.

I just hope whatever trade Dorion makes that we win the trade, and preferably that we get way more in the long run out of it than the other team. :)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Taylor Hall sure felt Burrows' intangibles at the back of his head. I hope Burrows gets suspended without pay for the next 100 games. Really stupid, cowardly, and saves us some money so we can get more intangibles and leadership in the locker room.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Please keep that Hoffman-Duchene-White line together. They put so much pressure on the other team's D in transition and in the offensive zone. That has the looks of a possession stat darling line in the making.

Really hope the NHL throws the book at Burrows. That's an inexcusable play resulting from frustration with intent imo. No place in sports for that outside the octagon.

Also gimme more Chabot with Ceci. Chabot's skating can really help take the pressure off Ceci in the D zone.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The league should suspend Burrows for the rest of the season and all of next season. Really, I don’t mind.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dude. That’s a freaking hot take that’s not some firm statement.what he did was more than a hot streak.

Call it a hot take if you want, it was a no surprise to me the pucks started to go in, it was just a matter of time with how well he was playing despite being pointless in 11 consectutive games.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Please keep that Hoffman-Duchene-White line together. They put so much pressure on the other team's D in transition and in the offensive zone. That has the looks of a possession stat darling line in the making.

Really hope the NHL throws the book at Burrows. That's an inexcusable play resulting from frustration with intent imo. No place in sports for that outside the octagon.

Also gimme more Chabot with Ceci. Chabot's skating can really help take the pressure off Ceci in the D zone.
So nice to see a skilled board player with these other two,another Macarther??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad