Devils GM issues team, league apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to the HFNHL and to my team, the New Jersey Devils for my lack of participation in the All-Star balloting. I understand that as a GM my participation in this type of event is essential to league survival, and that my team will suffer the monetary consequences as a result. Truth be told, I got caught up in trade talk (the trade is pending league approval but should be announced before the All-Star game) and just forgot about the voting. I understand that it will look even worse when I trade away a large amount of salary and then cause the team to be fined several hundred thousand dollars.

Rich Epstein
General Manager
New Jersey Devils

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
kasper11 said:
I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to the HFNHL and to my team, the New Jersey Devils for my lack of participation in the All-Star balloting. I understand that as a GM my participation in this type of event is essential to league survival, and that my team will suffer the monetary consequences as a result. Truth be told, I got caught up in trade talk (the trade is pending league approval but should be announced before the All-Star game) and just forgot about the voting. I understand that it will look even worse when I trade away a large amount of salary and then cause the team to be fined several hundred thousand dollars.

Rich Epstein
General Manager
New Jersey Devils

Well and honestly said, Mr. Epstein. I too must extend my apologies to all, and regrettably for much the same reason (I know, I know - an admin team member? Egad!) By the time I got back to thinking about the All-Star voting, we had larger issues to contend with on the Sim Manager front. Imagine my dismay in realizing that the All-Star voting had closed - and in fact, had closed no less than 5 days ago! Ugh!!

I will gladly forfeit the fee as my just punishment for failing in this regard, and I would again like to apologize to all GMs for not making this the priority it should have been.

For the record, my voting would have gone as follows:

East: Jagr, Lemieux, Naslund, Niedermayer, Gonchar Coach: Wilson (WAS), GM: Krueger (BOS)

West: Thornton, Bertuzzi, Forsberg, Morris, Lidstrom Coach: Keenan (VAN), GM: Quain (STL)

... so I don't think anything would have changed, but that's not the point - I should have participated.

DE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->