Devils GM blasts league officiating

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Devils GM Rich Epstein was upset, no make that pissed off after his team lost game two of their opening round series by a score of 6-2. After ripping apart just about every player on his team, Mr. Epstein saved his strongest comments for the officials. "How the explitive deleted does our team get called for 6 penalties to their none? We were friggin up after the first, then the refs decide that they can't have the Devils winning again, and hand the explitive deleted game to the 'Ning."
Mr. Epstein had no problem pointing to the source of the alleged bias "Kinda funny how during the regular season, when an impartial Mr. Niece was in charge of officiating we were the second least penalized team in the league, but now when Sean, our division rival runs the show, we are a bunch of explitive deleted goons." Mr. Epstein was of course referring to Mr. Sean Gaffney, who has taken over as supervisor of the officials in order to avoid a conflict of interest on Mr. Niece's part, while his Detroit Red Wings remain in the playoffs. Why would Mr. Gaffney put his integrity on the line just to hurt the Devils? According to Mr. Epstein "It's obvious. He's jealous. Two straight years we have run away with the division while the Rags have been a lottery team. He can't handle the fact that we are just a better organization. Well, explitive deleted him. We'll win this series no matter what the refs do. Now if you'll get out of my way, I need to go kick Hasek's explitive deleted"

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
According to Mr. Epstein "It's obvious. He's jealous. Two straight years we have run away with the division while the Rags have been a lottery team.

Two straight years of running with the division with 1st round knock out. :sarcasm:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Devils GM Rich Epstein was upset, no make that pissed off after his team lost game two of their opening round series by a score of 6-2. After ripping apart just about every player on his team, Mr. Epstein saved his strongest comments for the officials. "How the explitive deleted does our team get called for 6 penalties to their none? We were friggin up after the first, then the refs decide that they can't have the Devils winning again, and hand the explitive deleted game to the 'Ning."
Mr. Epstein had no problem pointing to the source of the alleged bias "Kinda funny how during the regular season, when an impartial Mr. Niece was in charge of officiating we were the second least penalized team in the league, but now when Sean, our division rival runs the show, we are a bunch of explitive deleted goons." Mr. Epstein was of course referring to Mr. Sean Gaffney, who has taken over as supervisor of the officials in order to avoid a conflict of interest on Mr. Niece's part, while his Detroit Red Wings remain in the playoffs. Why would Mr. Gaffney put his integrity on the line just to hurt the Devils? According to Mr. Epstein "It's obvious. He's jealous. Two straight years we have run away with the division while the Rags have been a lottery team. He can't handle the fact that we are just a better organization. Well, explitive deleted him. We'll win this series no matter what the refs do. Now if you'll get out of my way, I need to go kick Hasek's explitive deleted"

Rangers GM Sean Gaffney responded to the controversial comments made by Devils head man Rich Epstein this afternoon:

"Just like Mr. Epstein, running his mouth just to hear himself speak... I wouldn't expect anything less from someone from that organization. He should be looking at his players and Hasek in particular before placing blame outside the organization. I called several of our players after hearing those comments and have already given them specific instructions for next season's meetings with the Devils. We've been too easy on Rich's team in the past couple seasons, but we will be back with a vengeance. That is all."

Still noticeably riled up from earlier events, Gaffney couldn't resist a cheap shot at the New York Islanders as he prepared to board his limousine and head to his upstate home, "Isn't Nolan Schaefer running that organization now? They'd be better off..."

(Thanks for givng me another chance to talk trash even though my season is over, Rich ;) )

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Still noticeably riled up from earlier events, Gaffney couldn't resist a cheap shot at the New York Islanders as he prepared to board his limousine and head to his upstate home, "Isn't Nolan Schaefer running that organization now? They'd be better off..."

I wonder what the series score would have been versus NYR if Nolan Schaefer was running the NYI team:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad