Devils Captain on Opening Night Will Be Bryce Salvador

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I really can't see how the new captain won't be Kovy.

1. He has got the respect of all the players and the players acknowledge his leadership in the locker room.
2. He is 28 and right in the middle of his prime and has experience neccessary to take the role.
3. He has signed at New Jersey for life and therefore will bring stability to the role.
4. He presents well to media and fans.
5. He has captained in the NHL before as well as for other teams abroad and for his country at a national championship too.
6. Finally he has proved in the past that the captaincy won't be have any effect on his individual game and contribution for the team. In Atlanta, after he was named captain, he actually raised his game to a new higher level.

Mory Schneideur*

Kovy is the best choice. Give the man the C and watch him take off and lead the team with pride and pure drive!

It should have been Kovy last year.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I really don't see Kovy *wanting* to be the captain.

I think he likes the pressure to play too much to have the pressure of captaincy - dealing with player issues, etc.

this is another theory i'd like to shoot down. whats the whole 'doesnt need extra pressure' based on? his first year after "The Contract"? sure, the contract added pressure, but i think we all realize than maclean was to blame (along with langs, not enough players, etc) for that.

i think he's handle the pressure just fine

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
this is another theory i'd like to shoot down. whats the whole 'doesnt need extra pressure' based on? his first year after "The Contract"? sure, the contract added pressure, but i think we all realize than maclean was to blame (along with langs, not enough players, etc) for that.

i think he's handle the pressure just fine

I never said anything about needing it, but wanting it... I would think he wants to focus on his on-ice performance and not the 'captain' stuff.

I guess that also depends on how much the coaches/team use the captain system for that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->