Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Leafs 6-3: I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT. GOOD JOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are we seriously the last team in the East without a loss of any kind? Ottawa is 1-0-2 and Carolina is 1-0-1, but we're the only team left in the East with no OT losses or regulation losses.

St Louis and Vegas are also undefeated in both regulation and OT.
I think it's the mask. :yo:
He seems to be inspiring much more confidence than last year. He's displaying much more confidence. Even when he started playing better in January and February, he didn't really look like he does now or before November of last year.
My god, your team is so much fun to watch this year.
That's what happens when we finally ditch the trap!

Haha where is the sarcasm emoji?:P

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
one of the requirements for the devils even having a shot at the playoffs this year (still not sure we have a shot, but things are looking very very up) is santini taking a big step forward...and he has. i've been so impressed. if this continues (santini, gibbons, bratt, nico, coleman, etc) and we get just one more year of solid drafting, we're going to have some very interesting trade chips to offer for some defensive help. what a time to be alive

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011

I appreciate the kind words from Barry but he lost me on two points.

He Said Bratt was 26 years old and we were very good defensively.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
one of the requirements for the devils even having a shot at the playoffs this year (still not sure we have a shot, but things are looking very very up) is santini taking a big step forward...and he has. i've been so impressed. if this continues (santini, gibbons, bratt, nico, coleman, etc) and we get just one more year of solid drafting, we're going to have some very interesting trade chips to offer for some defensive help. what a time to be alive
I think we could probably screw up the next draft royally and still be in decent shape tbh. We just need to have one of our current D prospects pan out and my money is on Rykov being that guy.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I'm sure this was mentioned but in case it wasn't:

During one of the Sportsnet intermissions last night, Friedman said that there was at least one NHL team that did not hire John Hynes as a head coach because he was not tall enough.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Last year's start was an obvious fluke with the personnel. This season not so much. Hynes finally has the semblance of personnel that fits his system.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Severson is the only player whos played in all 3 games without at least 1 point

thats pretty crazy 3 games into the season

He's playing a little too relaxed so far which led to some bad turnovers.

Just a little more urgency outta him would elevate his production.

Plus he was robbed by Bernier.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sure this was mentioned but in case it wasn't:

During one of the Sportsnet intermissions last night, Friedman said that there was at least one NHL team that did not hire John Hynes as a head coach because he was not tall enough.

I posted it in the team thread but yeah that's insane. A height bias with a player is one thing but I didn't realize it somehow exists with coaches too

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
when you guys see tweet with pics/videos is it cut off for you? Like the tweet is the same size as a regular tweet causing the picture/video to be cut in half

Reactions: OmNomNom

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
No mine if full size unless its in a quote then you have to click the little link under that says click to expand. That last video however is nothing but green lines dancing for me.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I lost the little respect I had for Matt Martin last night. It's one thing to play tough and physical & finish checks.

It's another thing of head hunting small skilled players and bumping into goalies when it's a 3 goal difference late in a game.

Kudos to Rico for stepping up.

Martin was -2 in 8 minutes.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
No mine if full size unless its in a quote then you have to click the little link under that says click to expand. That last video however is nothing but green lines dancing for me.
yeah I just saw that it works on safari for me -- so it's a google chrome problem I guess

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I lost the little respect I had for Matt Martin last night. It's one thing to play tough and physical & finish checks.

It's another thing of head hunting small skilled players and bumping into goalies when it's a 3 goal difference late in a game.

Kudos to Rico for stepping up.

Martin was -2 in 8 minutes.
I didn't see the "bumping into goalies" part so I won't comment, but the player Martin hit before Rico got into a bear hug match with him was falling before Martin hit him so it was really just an unlucky play. You can bet a real goon would've tried tossing fists with Rico instead of keeping it at a hug. Just in the Chicago game, Martin was skating to stop an icing getting called and lost the race but bear hugged a Chicago dman so that he wouldn't fall and go flying into the boards. If there's any gif's of other plays tho where it's dirty, would like to see

Reactions: The ORB

The ORB

May 27, 2009
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Thought the Devils were excellent. Unbelievable goaltending and a couple of lucky bounces, but also so much speed that really exposed some of the Leafs D.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you will be a fun team to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->