Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Leafs 6-3: I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT. GOOD JOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
was Lou at the game?
I don't recall him on the msg feed at all.

Tough decision when Stafford is ready to play.

I would imagine he was but yeah he wasn't on camera.

Hayes is the guy I sit for Stafford, and that isn't really a knock on him, he is just the weakest link at RW right now. I wouldn't sit Woods or Gibbons right now. Wood has the ability to quickly play his way to the press box so it is good to have other options.

You could also sit Noesen, but I wouldn't.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I would imagine he was but yeah he wasn't on camera.

Hayes is the guy I sit for Stafford, and that isn't really a knock on him, he is just the weakest link at RW right now. I wouldn't sit Woods or Gibbons right now. Wood has the ability to quickly play his way to the press box so it is good to have other options.

You could also sit Noesen, but I wouldn't.

Def keep in all of the 4th liners.

Wood brings that speed and fearlessness but he has to improve in the D zone a lot.

It's a nice problem to have, depth and options. More so when Boyle and Trav are ready to go.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Def keep in all of the 4th liners.

Wood brings that speed and fearlessness but he has to improve in the D zone a lot.

It's a nice problem to have, depth and options. More so when Boyle and Trav are ready to go.

I have no clue what to do with this team right now if we are 100% healthy. I'm assuming that will work itself out by then with either an injury or someone playing poorly.

Right now it is hard to justify sitting anyone. Zajac is a third line checking forward right now. That is crazy to me.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
X3TeVee.gif

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Please tell me that someone has made a gif of when we scored the 5 v 3 goal and the camera goes to Hynes and the bench and Hynes takes a big swig of his water bottle.

Reminded me of one of our classic gifs of the fan in the crowd doing the same thing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone know why the hell Zacha got a delay of game penalty before the 3 on 5 goal? I thought it was a bench minor to Hynes for abuse of officials, over the first penalty that was called.

Hynes didn't seem to be too mad about the original penalty, so I was confused why he'd be given a penalty for that. I don't know what Zacha did.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Does anyone know why the hell Zacha got a delay of game penalty before the 3 on 5 goal? I thought it was a bench minor to Hynes for abuse of officials, over the first penalty that was called.

Hynes didn't seem to be too mad about the original penalty, so I was confused why he'd be given a penalty for that. I don't know what Zacha did.

They never explained it on the broadcast. I'm guessing he covered the puck up outside the crease.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They never explained it on the broadcast. I'm guessing he covered the puck up outside the crease.
Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't really see anything, and I don't think there was a faceoff, leading to one of those faceoff violations.
16 goals in 3 games? That would have been an entire months worth of goals last year.
If we can be close to league average in goals for, I think we have a more than decent chance at a wild card spot.

The defense might still be a little shaky, but the Schneider we've gotten so far is like signing or trading for a #1 defenseman this offseason. He's looking like he did with the exception of last year, and has been just about unbeatable at even strength.

Have we ever scored 16 goals over three consecutive games since Cory has been here? I'm gonna say it's a pretty safe bet that we haven't.

Reactions: ForeverJerseyGirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad