Devils acquire Petr Straka from Philly

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Marty Straka was pretty good back in the day, didn't realize he was still playing.

I bet he's still better than JJ.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Was he on Philly or LV?

He was on Lehigh Valley's roster, but was a healthy scratch for every game.

The Phantoms didn't have an open spot for Straka this season, so that's why he sat every game.

Petr is a decent enough forward to be a 2nd liner in the AHL, and should be a welcome addition to a young Albany team.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He was on Lehigh Valley's roster, but was a healthy scratch for every game.

The Phantoms didn't have an open spot for Straka this season, so that's why he sat every game.

Petr is a decent enough forward to be a 2nd liner in the AHL, and should be a welcome addition to a young Albany team.

Thanks.

He could be this season's Corey Tropp.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember Straka having his fair share of goals on Marty too.

According to hockey reference, Straka only had 10 career goals against the Devils and 33 points in 61 games.

Morozov has 12 career goals against the Devils in only 30 games against us. And 25 points in total.

Morozov only had 84 goals in his NHL career total. He scored 1/7th of his total career goals against us. I'm pretty sure Morozov and Straka were linemates with the Pens.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I remember Straka having his fair share of goals on Marty too.

According to hockey reference, Straka only had 10 career goals against the Devils and 33 points in 61 games.

Morozov has 12 career goals against the Devils in only 30 games against us. And 25 points in total.

Morozov only had 84 goals in his NHL career total. He scored 1/7th of his total career goals against us. I'm pretty sure Morozov and Straka were linemates with the Pens.
I remember wanting to trade for Morozov just to get him off our back. I was happy when he went to the KHL just because it meant Marty's boogeyman was gone.

I recall Brodeur said that Morozov was one of the most deceptive shooters he ever faced.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember wanting to trade for Morozov just to get him off our back. I was happy when he went to the KHL just because it meant Marty's boogeyman was gone.

I recall Brodeur said that Morozov was one of the most deceptive shooters he ever faced.

He and Gagne were like Marty's kryptonite back in the day. Although Gagne was actually a really good goal scorer at one time. It's hard to believe that Gagne is only 36, yet it seems like he's been out of the league for about 5 or 6 years now. It seems like he's been gone since he left Philly the first time. Simon Gagne was a pretty good offensive player at one point, Morozov was just okay.

I don't remember if Morozov was leaving the league anyway after 03-04, or if the 04-05 lockout caused him to go to Russia and never come back to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad