Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Marcus Johansson from WSH

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Most Swedes do actually... :) We have a good educational system and we're pretty bright. ;) haha

It definitely seems that way; some are even quite fluent from a relatively young age. Tedenby definitely didnt speak much English when he came over though so there are exceptions. One of your buddies you came here with didnt speak much English either as I recall!

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
It definitely seems that way; some are even quite fluent from a relatively young age. Tedenby definitely didnt speak much English when he came over though so there are exceptions. One of your buddies you came here with didnt speak much English either as I recall!

Haha that's true. My buddy and Tedenby are equally bright I think... :laugh:

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There's really no news here but found it interesting that Washington were willing to give up MoJo for free in order to keep Schmidt.

If thats true, they have some serious issues on their hands with the GM. I don't think Oshie was good enough to sacrifice Mojo. Washington may have had the worst off season in the league. They are significantly worse.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Caps defense has no depth on it anymore with Alzner, Schmidt, and Shattenkirk (although he was only with them a brief time) all gone, plus they're still saddled with old man Orpik.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Capitals should just miss the playoffs.

That way we don't have to hear for the 10th year in a row ''This is the Caps year. I really think this is their year. Pittsburgh is due for a regression this playoffs, I don't see them threepeating.'' come February or March, because they'll be out of the playoffs.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
The Capitals should just miss the playoffs.

That way we don't have to hear for the 10th year in a row ''This is the Caps year. I really think this is their year. Pittsburgh is due for a regression this playoffs, I don't see them threepeating.'' come February or March, because they'll be out of the playoffs.

Just wait until they make it as a wild card. "They're finally the underdog. Pressure is off!"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just wait until they make it as a wild card. "They're finally the underdog. Pressure is off!"

I can already see them beating the higher seeded team in round one, if that were to happen. Then the Caps hype machine fires up again.

Then they're bounced in round 2 by some team that isn't the Penguins or Rangers, that you would really think they were going to beat.:laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I can already see them beating the higher seeded team in round one, if that were to happen. Then the Caps hype machine fires up again.

Then they're bounced in round 2 by some team that isn't the Penguins or Rangers, that you would really think they were going to beat.:laugh:

They'll get past the second round finally...and then choke in the conference final.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They either needed to bite the bullet on buying out Orpik, or just let Vegas take Mojo.

They did neither and lost both Schimdt and Mojo for a couple of draft picks.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
That WOULD probably be the year they finally made the Conference Finals :laugh:

Honestly, what's happened to the Caps since the Ovechkin era commenced is a combination of "here we go again" tightness as well as plain old bad luck. Sometimes the quarter does in fact land on heads 10 times in a row. What's happened to them in the playoffs is our shootout loss streak only on a much grander stage. Once people just sort of dismiss them before the playoffs begin and they're no longer under the microscope, they'll beat Pittsburgh and win a Cup.

It may have taken 40+ years and 18 playoff series but Boston did eventually beat Montreal.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Everyone bashes the caps but it's just bad timing for their window. No different then say the flyers in the late 90s and us. The pens won the cup twice in a row it's not like the caps are losing to bad teams. Even the ranger teams are good they lost to.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
The Capitals management blew it for them. They were too slow to adapt to the front-loaded contracts and found themselves stuck with stars on inflated cap hits and filled in holes with mid-tier guys with inflated cap hits.

Detroit is the last NHL team to win a cup without having stars on heavily discounted contracts and that was almost 10 years ago. They pretty much threw away 10 years by not getting involved with those type of contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->