Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Marcus Johansson from WSH

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Who knows? It could be possible. I know there is a database for all of the players and their cellphone numbers and ect.
I forgot where I saw it might have been one of the behind the oil episodes. Mctavish talks about sending out a league wide memo telling all the other gm's what players are available

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Over the past 3 seasons, Marcus Johansson is in line with the following players in Even Strength points/60

Ryan Johansen
Patrice Bergeron
Nathan MacKinnon
Tanner Pearson
Jonathan Drouin
Jakob Silfverberg
Mika Zibanejad
Jakub Voracek

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...rds&minutes=1000&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Yes, I realize he played on a very good team, but still.

He'll get more minutes and probably more pp time with us so I think it'll probably even out. Honestly, zone entries alone is enough to justify this deal. I got so tired last season of Hall being the only player who could skate the puck into the offensive zone. I don't think anyone can be mad about this deal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He'll get more minutes and probably more pp time with us so I think it'll probably even out. Honestly, zone entries alone is enough to justify this deal. I got so tired last season of Hall being the only player who could skate the puck into the offensive zone. I don't think anyone can be mad about this deal.

Recall how awful we were st zone entries on the PP?

Mojo will help a ton with that.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
The magnitude of this deal cannot be overstated, Johansson is an absolutely fantastic acquisition and to get him for a pair of expendable surplus picks is unbelievably good value.

My confidence in Shero has never wavered, deals like this one & the Palmieri trade will greatly accelerate our return to contention.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol at them pointing out that he's the first player in history to wear 90...I'm sure there are like forty or so numbers that would be firsts in franchise history at some point :laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This is the stuff people are talking about when it comes to the sour grapes from management regarding some of the policies that were in place here before and them taking every little opportunity to let us know how different the policies are now. Pretty much every number after 30 was seldom used for the majority of this franchises history, are they going to make sure we know another 50+ times for each guy to wear a number that wasn't worn before? :laugh:

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/marcus-johansson-to-become-first-devil-to-wear-no-90/c-290278756

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
This was a steal by Shero, straight up. I was antsy about Boyle being the only (although solid) move. Love the work he's done thus far to improve the team.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the Capitals just lost Shattenkirk, Alzner, and Schmidt

I can't see them letting Carlson walk. They'll figure out a way to keep him.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Devils announced Johansson will wear #90, first in Devils history.

x-lou-lamoriello-24-december-2010.jpg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They should of did that in the first place.

The only thing I can think of if is they don't want his buyout on the cap for 4 years, so they'll wait until next summer to buy him out. I also think Backstrom could be on his way out when they fail to get past the second round again.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
They should of did that in the first place.

Yeah losing Schmidt, even if he's just a capable #4, is a pretty big blow with the little amount of cap space they have. No choice but to replace D internally. It's no wonder Shero was able to get Johansson so cheap, though I'm a little surprised no one was willing to offer more (or Maclellan just didn't want to wait?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad