Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
i wish shero/hynes had instituted a social media blackout for our players for the duration of the playoffs (until we're eliminated). shows solidarity, commitment, seriousness and deters distractions. so i guess if shero and lou had a kid, and he became out GM one day, that'd be great.

it's not a huge deal by any means, it's just a personal preference of mine i guess.
But... but... but...

Kinky emoji tweets :(

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
i wish shero/hynes had instituted a social media blackout for our players for the duration of the playoffs (until we're eliminated). shows solidarity, commitment, seriousness and deters distractions. so i guess if shero and lou had a kid, and he became out GM one day, that'd be great.

it's not a huge deal by any means, it's just a personal preference of mine i guess.
297.png

:rolleyes:

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

Did Lou implement staying in a hotel the entire playoffs last time we made it, or was that just during a certain series?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The hotel thing was dumb. They should be able to sleep in the comfort of their own beds whenever they have the chance.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The hotel thing was dumb. They should be able to sleep in the comfort of their own beds whenever they have the chance.
Was that every year? I thought that was just for certain years when he was concerned about home games being a distraction because they were worse at home than on the road.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It was absolutely every year, I can't remember when it ended but it was well after the 05 lockout.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
20. When the Devils came to Toronto in December, they were in the playoffs by seven points. Asked if he thought they were good enough, Hall said he was close to convinced, except they were still too dependent on their goalies. Asked when he finally, 100 per cent believed it would happen, he pointed at the six-game road trip in March where they went 4-2.
“We were on the brink either way, just hanging on to the wild card,” he said. “The first game was in Nashville and we had a teem meeting before. Coach Hynes went up to the board and wrote our record against all the teams we still had to play. I think it was (a .672 winning percentage). It was a cool thing for him to do. He said, ‘This is how you’ve done against these teams and this is why I believe in you.’ Then we beat Nashville. I’ll remember that as something that catapulted us.”

Who wrote this? Friedman?

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
20. When the Devils came to Toronto in December, they were in the playoffs by seven points. Asked if he thought they were good enough, Hall said he was close to convinced, except they were still too dependent on their goalies. Asked when he finally, 100 per cent believed it would happen, he pointed at the six-game road trip in March where they went 4-2.
“We were on the brink either way, just hanging on to the wild card,” he said. “The first game was in Nashville and we had a teem meeting before. Coach Hynes went up to the board and wrote our record against all the teams we still had to play. I think it was (a .672 winning percentage). It was a cool thing for him to do. He said, ‘This is how you’ve done against these teams and this is why I believe in you.’ Then we beat Nashville. I’ll remember that as something that catapulted us.”
That’s some Remember the Titans type shit right there by Hynes. I love it

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
the hotel thing made sense when we went deep in the playoffs. but looks amazingly stupid when you get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round year after year. at that point? just shut it down

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
how will this team be in playoff overtime? i remember the devils having a historically horrible playoff overtime record for awhile. I attributed that to our style of sit back and wait for a turnover to capitalize. now? this team is aggressive fast and has skill so theoretically we should be able to get some overtime wins no?

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Plus Vatanen's contract terms state that he shall be rested between games no less than 12 hours per night, sandwiched between two sleep number mattresses, ensconced in velvet, and with a white noise machine set to precisely 45.0 decibels.

Which most hotels, in all likelihood, would fail to accommodate

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
how will this team be in playoff overtime? i remember the devils having a historically horrible playoff overtime record for awhile. I attributed that to our style of sit back and wait for a turnover to capitalize. now? this team is aggressive fast and has skill so theoretically we should be able to get some overtime wins no?

download.jpg

Reactions: Bleedred

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Plus Vatanen's contract terms state that he shall be rested between games no less than 12 hours per night, sandwiched between two sleep number mattresses, ensconced in velvet, and with a white noise machine set to precisely 45.0 decibels.

Which most hotels, in all likelihood, would fail to accommodate
No wonder he looked tired to some people.

Reactions: mtnet

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought it was every year...we need @Bleedred photographic memory stat!
It was every year until 2012. Remember Parise personally went to Lou and asked if players could spend the night before the homes games at home instead of a local hotel? So that was the first year we didn't do it, unless maybe we weren't doing it the first few years of Lou.

It wasn't only Lou who did that though, I remember the Kings doing it. I even remember the Pens doing it the night before their game 7 against the Rangers back in 2014, The last game Shero and Bylsma were there for. I don't think they had been practicing this method throughout the playoffs, but were doing it because they had blown a 3-1 series lead to the Rangers and were going to game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad