Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VII - Playoff push; read warning in OP first

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
We have no basis to say Greene isn’t doing the off ice captain stuff.

LJ didn’t really say anything Earth shattering either.

Like i said, just going off what i've read/coach speak and own personal opinion. You even openly read/hear other players going out of their ways to mention how Hall is basically the leader of the team.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
And the coaching staff probably know that Woods end up on his ass all the time, so I don't think they are stupid enough to let him skate if he can't take a fall.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
How do you know? Giving media answers that fans don’t like isn’t the sign of a good or bad captain.

There is zero reason to believe the players don’t respect Greene as the captain, or would prefer someone else.
I think for the most part team effort has been good this season. Everyone seems to have their heads on straight. Beyond that what else really doing?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
giphy.gif
It's almost like +/- isn't really doing a good job of reflecting what's happening on the ice.

Reactions: Darkauron

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
In almost a must win game, our head coach decides to scratch Noesen for Stafford...

You can't make this shit up. Like honestly. That's baffling to me. I don't care whether Noesen responds well to scratching. There are 9 freaking games left. Every game is pivotal.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
In almost a must win game, our head coach decides to scratch Noesen for Stafford...

You can't make this **** up. Like honestly. That's baffling to me. I don't care whether Noesen responds well to scratching. There are 9 freaking games left. Every game is pivotal.

It's pretty strange how it still seems like hynes is 100% in teaching mode still but his gm is in win mode.

Whatever. I'm pretty convinced we are toast. Hopefully Nose ends up better for it.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
It's almost like +/- isn't really doing a good job of reflecting what's happening on the ice.
Sure, because Corsi does right? Shooting a puck "towards the net" is positive in the so called Corsi lol even if it doesn't hit the net.

+/- isn't a stat you take at Face value and run away with it, but when you put it into context, it can make lot of sense.

Meanwhile,

TGF & TGA
Severson 62 67 (plays on the Powerplay)
Moore 64 74 (Plays on the PK)
Greene 54 86 (plays on the PK)
Butcher 72 47 (Plays on the PP)
Lovejoy 28 37 (Plays on the PK)
Vatanen 60 58 (plays on the PP)

OiGF vs OIGA
Severson 54 62
Moore 58 57
Greene 49 61
Butcher 47 42
Lovejoy 25 22
Vatanen 43 47

Greene and Severson are our only defensemen who have a negative differential in both categories. Considering Greene plays vs Top competition and PK, and Severson plays on the Powerplay and vs lesser competition, just LOL.

Severson has been a net negative so far this year, people don't want to admit it, but yeah. His offense doesn't make up for his lack of defense. And people we're calling Severson our best defenseman, and also a #2 defenseman. I can only imagine if he was playing against the other team top line.

Reactions: Bosskarelli

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

You can't make this **** up. Like honestly. That's baffling to me. I don't care whether Noesen responds well to scratching. There are 9 freaking games left. Every game is pivotal.

Stafford did just have a 4 shot, 2 point game.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad