Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Stafford
Bratt-Henrique-Hayes
Wood-Coleman-Noesen

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
that doesn't really mean much. Those guys don't need waivers. They could just as well be back here for the game Saturday.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Blandisi, Quenneville, and Lappin are no longer on the roster on the Devils website.
The roster on the site is still showing 24 players though, so another name needs to come off. Also includes Kapla and Gibbons, which is odd.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I would say Kapla goes down. I also can't see Gibbons staying up. I think Blandisi and JQ should switch with Gibbons and Kapla.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Sure, Zacha looked great in preseason. But some of the expectations around here are getting out of hand for a guy who produced 3 goals and 8 assists at even strength last year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Sure, Zacha looked great in preseason. But some of the expectations around here are getting out of hand for a guy who produced 3 goals and 8 assists at even strength last year.

I'm personally hoping for 50+ points. If he can do that, this team is going to have a dynamic duo with him and Hischier up front.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
IMG_3621.jpg
looks a little close to the ice... Hayes will hit his head going up the neural zone.

The new neutral zone trap strategy

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
actually... you know what? i think mcleod goes down to binghamton for conditioning. but he'll be one of the first call ups. let him and whomever else gets sent down to start the season duke it out

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
actually... you know what? i think mcleod goes down to binghamton for conditioning. but he'll be one of the first call ups. let him and whomever else gets sent down to start the season duke it out

McLeod is not eligible for the AHL this season...OHL or NHL only.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I hope everyone knows that pic of the scoreboard is not the height the scoreboard will be during the games. It is lowered because they are still working on it.

Reactions: theoptimist

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Roster announced....

On Tuesday, the New Jersey Devils announced the roster for the start of the 2017-18 NHL season. It includes the following two goaltenders, eight defensemen, and 13 forwards. Eight of those 23 players did not play a game in New Jersey last season. The complete roster is as follows:
Goaltenders:

Keith Kinkaid, Cory Schneider
Defensemen:

Will Butcher, Andy Greene, Ben Lovejoy, John Moore, Mirco Mueller, Dalton Prout, Steven Santini, Damon Severson
Forwards

Jesper Bratt, Blake Coleman, Brian Gibbons, Taylor Hall, Jimmy Hayes, Adam Henrique, Nico Hischier, Marcus Johansson, Stefan Noesen, Kyle Palmieri, Drew Stafford, Miles Wood, Pavel Zacha.
New Jersey also has three players designated injured, non-roster players (Brian Boyle, Michael McLeod and Travis Zajac).
To get down to the roster limit of 23 players, the Devils made the following transactions:
Assigned forwards Joseph Blandisi, Nick Lappin, John Quenneville and defenseman Brian Strait to Binghmaton (AHL)

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Roster announcement was basically what they had on the website earlier, minus Kapla.

I expect this will still change prior to Saturday.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wait, Gibbons cleared waivers. Why is he here instead of JQ or Blender?

He must be the extra forward who will be scratched.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Interesting that Blandisi is not on the roster. He had a fantastic camp.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Gibbons? Why not just assign him and keep either Blandisi or Q?

He needs to clear waivers to be sent down...so either Ray thinks that's more likely to happen later this week or Gibbons has actually earned a spot on the team (perhaps as a healthy scratch, while Blandisi, Quennville & the other young guys play in Binghamton).

EDIT - Forgot Gibbons already cleared waivers, so scratch the first thought...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think people are underrating how many points Zacha will get simply by being on the ice with Taylor Hall (who could easily produce close to PPG if he has better puck luck) and Palmieri. This isn't even factoring in Zacha's own improvement and development. Travis Zajac, who frankly doesn't have much offensive talent, put up 45 points with Hall (who was very unlucky).

Will I be disappointed if Zacha puts up 40 points? Of course not, that would be fine. But look around the league, it's possible he breaks out like Ehlers, Pastrnak, Drouin, Aho, etc. Playing with Hall and Palmieri is an excellent situation for young center to be in.

While I'm bullish on Zacha too it's a bit of a misnomer to say he'll put up x number of points with Hall and Palm, he isn't guaranteed in stone to stay with them for 82 games, he might not stay with them for 5 depending on how Zacha, Hischier and Henrique play.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Should be interesting to see who gets the start on D Saturday.

Gimme this:

Greene Santini
Moore Severson
Mueller Butcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->