Prospect Info: Development Camp July 7-11, 2015 Washington Capitals

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Glad to hear Gersich is still impressing. Really liked the kid last year. Great speed/skill combo for a late rounder.

He looked pretty good today, but he had a bad 5 minute spell. It was during a breakout drill and when he was trying to pass from inside his blue line to the other blue line he completely missed his man with the pass, twice. And also during the same drill he messed it up at the beginning and the coaches had to stop the drill because of him, which I'm sure they weren't too pleased with. But during everything else he impressed me, he has amazing acceleration and a pretty good shot too.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Could you guys/gals fill me in on how difficult it is to find parking in Arlington?

Is it better to take the Metro?

At what time should one arrive to see the scrimmage tomorrow that starts at 10:30 AM?

Thank you!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Kettler Ice Plex is on top of the Ballston Mall parking lot so can't be much easier then that, heh. Glebe & N. Carlin Springs.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Kettler Ice Plex is on top of the Ballston Mall parking lot so can't be much easier then that, heh. Glebe & N. Carlin Springs.

Thanks! I'm from out of town and am in the D.C. area for the summer.

Never realized how beautiful the countryside is in MD/VA/WV. :)

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah, it's very easy to find parking there and I'm usually loathe to park in the big cities. Especially on a weekend, you should find a spot no problem. You could also take the Metro to Ballston, the rink is very accessible.

I'm going to be there early as unfortunately I have to leave for another event and can't see the whole scrimmage.

Sep 19, 2008
In line for oshie autograph. Look for me looking like an idiot with the plastic sunglasses on my head.

FYI the line is very long lol. He don't come out for another hour

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Check capitalspr on twitter for schedule today. Looks like public equip sale is at 1 not noon.

Also, if forwards stay together as they practiced this week, lines at #CapsDevCamp scrimmage today to follow. Didn't get all the D pairings.

Team Red #CapsDevCamp F: Murphy/Koules/Sanford; O'Brien/Boyd/Herbert; Basara/Gersich/Elgestal D: Hobbs/Mingo; Bowey, Gibb, Lohan, Texeira

Team White #CapsDevCamp F: Barber/Stephenson/Vrana; Di Pauli/Pinho/Lappin; Davidsson/Cox/Spinner D: Carlsson, Djoos, Ottenbreit, Pionk, Siegenthaler, Williams (pairings unknown)

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I thought FanFest was pretty meh today. For the 2 hour drive I should have stayed home. I got there around 9:30 and by that point we found out that not only was the Oshie autograph line huge but that you also needed a stupid wristband to even get access to him. Was this advertised anywhere to anyone else's knowledge? I looked on the website on my phone and there was nothing about needing a wristband to meet him which kind of pissed me off. Not only did I spend a few hours designing a poster for him to sign, I also spent $15 to get it printed at Staples.

Also, I think they need to change the schedule around on the equipment sale. I understand that season ticket holders pay a lot of money to have season tickets, but giving them 4 hours to have first dibs on the equipment is a huge bummer. I was towards the front of the general public line to get in to the sale and there was nothing good left besides sticks (which I didn't have interest in). I hope they can possibly change this up for next season to make it a little more fair.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I thought FanFest was pretty meh today. For the 2 hour drive I should have stayed home. I got there around 9:30 and by that point we found out that not only was the Oshie autograph line huge but that you also needed a stupid wristband to even get access to him. Was this advertised anywhere to anyone else's knowledge? I looked on the website on my phone and there was nothing about needing a wristband to meet him which kind of pissed me off. Not only did I spend a few hours designing a poster for him to sign, I also spent $15 to get it printed at Staples.

Also, I think they need to change the schedule around on the equipment sale. I understand that season ticket holders pay a lot of money to have season tickets, but giving them 4 hours to have first dibs on the equipment is a huge bummer. I was towards the front of the general public line to get in to the sale and there was nothing good left besides sticks (which I didn't have interest in). I hope they can possibly change this up for next season to make it a little more fair.
Dont bet on it.

If anything...with the popularity of the team...it's going to keep getting worse.

I sometime miss the piney orchard days of no one coming to those things. :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Someone said on reddit that it might have gotten too crowded for Kettler. There was a massive crowd there yesterday, maybe it was for Oshie, who knows. I didn't know about the wristbands but at that time they should have had plenty left. They were being given out at the door. They did run out of wristbands around 10?, and then when I tried to leave the line to look around, they told me I'd lose my spot so we were essentially stuck waiting in line for like an hour+ before Oshie even signed.

And I didn't even get a chance to go to the Equipment sale since the Oshie line was so long. The equipment sale has always been like that though from what I heard, all the good stuff goes early and you don't get much left for the public sale. I will say though if you do go early you do get some nice stuff, people were walking out with like 5 sticks but this was about 9 AM, I took a peek behind the curtains and there wasn't much left at 11 AM. As someone who had never been to one I wasted about 10 minutes going up and down stairs to check in until I finally got in line for the sale, and by that time I just figured I'd had enough

Basically my fan fest was arriving at 9:20ish...grabbing some items, and waiting in line most of the time for the Oshie autograph. He was nice but I didn't really say much to him :laugh:

CJozdWAWIAAtXvU.jpg:large

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I arrived around 9:30ish and they told me by that point the Oshie wristbands were gone for over 20 minutes. It was massively crowded there yesterday and a lot more crowded then it was last year IMO.

I thought I saw on Twitter or maybe in an article from Prewitt where he mentioned how crowded it was to GMBM and asked him if they would do it at Verizon Center next season (Like Buffalo did in their arena and had 17,000 fans show up) and GMBM said something about maybe doing it in Hershey. I do think that if it's going to get more fans to come every season, it makes sense to have a change of venue where people are at least comfortable to sit and watch the scrimmage and not on top of each other.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Only thing I don't miss about Piney is the trek to get there. Not just the camp lack of crowd but the equipment sale, ha ha.

They have changed things over the years even at Kettler but the equipment sale in general they have less now that they do it formally every year. As to STHs, if you don't get the 8am/first session not so great even if a STH.

Autograph lines are going to be long. Although as usual, set-up was not great. Last year we observed 2 auto lines for prospects. This year one massive line. As to the Oshie line, I didn't investigate, but if they didnt tell people when they got there that they needed a wristband that is poor communication, but that is the Caps. Probably would have helped if they had Williams stay for that day or had Carrick or someone signing in another location, as well, since he was there. As to the crowd at Kettler, it has been bad since the jersey unveiling event. Too small for these events if they are open to the public, IMO.

I know that once there, the interns and other young staff were making little to no effort to help people figure out where to go. The table for the STH equip ticket moved back to old location but coming off elevator little communication about where to go and where it was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->