Prospect Info: Development Camp July 7-11, 2015 Washington Capitals

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Will update this as we get more information. I won't be adding as much detail during camp as recent years, but it is always a team effort, so still worth having a centralized thread with development camp information. Looks like camp is one day shorter than in recent years.

Development Camp at Kettler July 7-11 (players typically report one day earlier, so Monday, July 6)

Capitals Development Camp Guide [link]

Press release

Will add schedule once released, note scrimmages and other sessions always subject to change so see guide and website updates for details. I won't be able to make real time edits here so don't want to list too many details. I don't see a testing session, but possible it is one of the days.

Tuesday, July 7
starting at 9am on ice

Wednesday, July 8
starting at 9:30am on ice

Thursday, July 9
starting at 9am on ice
4:15 both teams on ice, doesn't say scrimmage, but all on ice

Friday, July 10
starting at 10am on ice

July 11, Sat Fan Fest and Equipment Sale
10:30 a.m.: Intrasquad scrimmage
12:00 p.m (estimate). Equipment sale open to the public

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Free Agent Development Camp Invites

Marcus Basara, F, Alaska-Fairbanks/NCAA
Trevor Cox, F, Medicine Hat/WHL
Jonathan Davidsson, F, Djurgården J20 (source)
Miles Koules, F, Portland/WHL
Nick Lappin, F, Brown/NCAA (source: @MarkDivver)
Dajon Mingo, F, Bowling Green/NCAA
Cody Murphy, F, Miami/NCAA (attended camp in 2013; source: article from a few months ago)

Lucas Carlsson, D, Brynas
Dan Gibb, D, Calgary/CIS (source)
Kevin Lohan, D, Michigan/NCAA
Turner Ottenbreit, D, Seattle/WHL (Source: his father's twitter account post-draft)
Neal Pionk, D, Sioux City/USHL
Keoni Texeira, D, Portland/WHL (source)

Keegan Asmundson
, G, Canisius/NCAA & ECHL plus practicing with HBH
Kasimir Kaskisuo, G, UMD/NCAA
Chris Nell, G, Bowling Green/NCAA
Jan Ruzicka, G, Mlada Cz

delete Cole Wilson, F

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
From Medicine Hat's twitter account:

Confirmed Tigers NHL Camp invites: @TrevorCox36 - WAS...

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Thanks for the thread and info, sk8. Hope to get there at least one day.

Sure, I am still hoping to make it one day, but not looking promising other than Saturday when it is crazy there.

Anyway, up to 10 invites, some confirmed, but as we know sometimes things change. Should be an interesting camp with the prospects and the invites.

Waiting for the Caps to release the schedule/guide sometime this weekend. Starting a day later this year with the official on ice portion only expected to start on Tuesday.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
As always, thanks for the info, sk8. It's good to have you around, but I can completely sympathize with taking a step back from this board.

Hoping to get out there a couple days.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
As always, thanks for the info, sk8. It's good to have you around, but I can completely sympathize with taking a step back from this board.

Hoping to get out there a couple days.

Heh, I had not posted on a message board in 2015, here or elsewhere, until the last week. Multitude of reasons, but thanks. I have to say, I have seen a couple of new names, but the more things change, the more things stay (close to) the same :)

For fun reading in advance of camp, a little more about Trevor Cox's family background, including his uncle having worn a Capitals jersey.

April article
& CP article

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Pionk's kind of interesting given the lack of NCAA commitment. Carlsson is not bad.

Kaskisuo could be the next Copley down the line.

Kind of sucks Samsonov won't be there to soak in Korn wisdom.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Pionk's kind of interesting given the lack of NCAA commitment. Carlsson is not bad.

Kaskisuo could be the next Copley down the line.

Kind of sucks Samsonov won't be there to soak in Korn wisdom.

give me a minute, I was adding Minn Duluth wanted to confirm

no surprise, no Wuthrich or Koudys, best wishes to both

Nice to see DiPauli coming, not always easy for Notre Dame players

Samsonov, could be anything from commitment to getting him here, not shocked, but yes, would have been nice

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
yes, Duluth for Pionk

no Lewington, he's under contract so maybe had a commitment or has a injury (although normally they come in even if injured, for example, curious if Barber will fully participate)

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Will be keeping an eye on Sanford. Intriguing prospect.

Interesting that O'Brien will be there. Can't recall a player with NHL games attending off the top of my head.

More recent years they went away from that, but used to happen

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Was just reminded via twitter poster that Lewington ended the season injured. Could be coming for off-ice stuff or not at all. Barber is listed.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
yes, Duluth for Pionk
Thanks. Didn't see it on Elite Prospects and they're typically good about that sort of thing.
no Lewington, he's under contract so maybe had a commitment or has a injury (although normally they come in even if injured, for example, curious if Barber will fully participate)
Yeah, he had a shoulder injury to end the season and didn't report to Hershey because of it. Could be healing/recovering still.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Thanks. Didn't see it on Elite Prospects and they're typically good about that sort of thing.

Yeah, he had a shoulder injury to end the season and didn't report to Hershey because of it. Could be healing/recovering still.

I even checked with Matt Wellens who covers UMD, expected this fall.

Yes, once reminded about injury, I recalled the events. Thanks.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm mad there are no scrimmages listed other than Saturdays. Thursday may be one, but do I want to drive down from Baltimore and chance it?

Saturdays scrimmage is going to be a madhouse. Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->