Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I like the jump, in Turgeon's production, specifically goals (10 > 18 > 30), but he's still not having as good a season as Nastasiuk's last season in Juniors, and Nastasiuk has spent more time in the ECHL than AHL this year.

Is that just based on offensive output? I haven't seen either play in their junior leagues, but Nastasiuk played in the OHL, while Turgeon is in the lower-scoring WHL. Also, Nastasiuk was second on his team in points while Turgeon leads his team by 10. I'm not saying that should take us to any specific conclusion, but I also don't think looking at Nastasiuk's pro career to date necessarily means much in terms of Turgeon.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Just published a translated interview with Evgeny Svechnikov.

http://thehockeywriters.com/evgeny-svechnikov-forgetting-wjc/

Have a good read!

Nice read.

Have to agree that Svechnikov played greatly for his team and point-scoring was not his duty as net-front role. Kamenev and Lazarev had more scoring responsibility on his line, and that was a totally different comapred to their roles at QMJHL.

Net-front players doesn't have to hit on the stat sheet in a short term data to be important factors and that's what Svechnikov did on the tournament. He could be our future "Abdelkader" on the same dirty-nosed mold. Hopefully a bit more skilled one.

Also have to agree that Russian vere slightly better than Finland overall in the final game. But we just scored one goal more. I remember, russians had 2 scoring attempts at OT and then Finland scored from their first and only one.

Final's scoring attempts went something 32-31 for Russia. Nice that Svech and russians have get over it. It was a one-shot game.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The skating thing.. honestly I'm not sure.. he gets it done at the junior level but hes not like particularly speedy / lacks acceleration, I think its something that can be worked on though and he's the type of kid who is a hard worker / gym rat so I'll be pulling for him.

Retaliatory type penalties like slashing / roughing, not penalties like low hockey style.

He's just taken a lot of them this year and you know if he can cut that part out of his game it'd be great but then he'll come out and score 2 goals in the next period so it's like you take the good with the bad.

He's very competitive and runs hot during games.

We've been lacking a player like that for a very. very. long time.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Guys have been scouting Holway and found this guy?

Good. Tyler Wright is turning all the NA stones.

Free prospect never hurts.
He and his parents were at the game last night...Mickey said during the broadcast that he likes to be physical

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He and his parents were at the game last night...Mickey said during the broadcast that he likes to be physical

He had 5 fights one year in the USHL and 4 the next. Those are fairly high numbers for that league. Seems he probably likes the rough stuff a little bit

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
2 assists for both Hicketts and Saarijärvi last night.

Hicketts 59 pts in 57 games
Saarijärvi 43 pts in 57 games

Just ran the numbers and Saarijärvi is actually involved in more of Flint's goals compared to Hicketts with Victoria. It wasn't that way until a few months ago, but since the WJC Saarijärvi has had a point on about 1/3 or Flint's goals. Hicketts is at 22%. Saarijärvi also has the most shots per game among OHL d-men, and by far the highest among all Flint players.

Some Random Guy

Apr 7, 2014
For some reason I was under the impression Holmstrom was 21+. He's only 19.

I was going to say I don't know how well he'll translate to NA hockey. The Wings need players that are able to turn it up post-season.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Holmstrom needs to spend his entire summer in one of those power skating programs, like I believe Frk did a few summers ago.

Everything else about his game is freaking great. He just needs to improve that skating.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
2 assists for both Hicketts and Saarijärvi last night.

Hicketts 59 pts in 57 games
Saarijärvi 43 pts in 57 games

Just ran the numbers and Saarijärvi is actually involved in more of Flint's goals compared to Hicketts with Victoria. It wasn't that way until a few months ago, but since the WJC Saarijärvi has had a point on about 1/3 or Flint's goals. Hicketts is at 22%. Saarijärvi also has the most shots per game among OHL d-men, and by far the highest among all Flint players.

He's on the ice in every situation and is double shifted often

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
He's on the ice in every situation and is double shifted often
I've noticed that too. Do you think his role has increased even more after the coaching change? I don't remember him getting this much ice time earlier in the season, at least in the games I saw.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I've noticed that too. Do you think his role has increased even more after the coaching change? I don't remember him getting this much ice time earlier in the season, at least in the games I saw.

I think it varied game by game...seemed like if they were winning or the games were close he was out there all the time...the team has played shorthanded off and n all season due to trades and juries so that could've factored in also

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
His defense still needs some work but once that gets rounded out I feel we could have another Rafalski on our hands

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
His defense still needs some work but once that gets rounded out I feel we could have another Rafalski on our hands

It's funny that's what I saw in Vande Sompel (Rafalski) and we took Saarijarvi instead. Guess it works out either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad