Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandel*

The last prospect thread was the most viewed thread on this forum ever. Probably my favourite thread, thanks everyone for contributing :)

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
To add to one of our most enduring discussions here, this article might be interesting: Larkin himself prefers to stay in Ann Arbour over joning the Griffins next season.

While Fischer has not condoned that, he did not speak out against it either. Letting Larkin become an even more dominant player in his current league is the typical Red Wings approach anyway. Since I'm not familiar with the CBA, doesn't that extend Detroit's control over this prospect as well?

By the way, I would be in favour of Larkin staying at Michigan. The Griffins better focus on further developping centers Athanasiou and Nosek as well as integrating the new hopefuls Bertuzzi and Nastasiuk; if Frk shall amount to anything, he needs to find a place on a scoring line next year as well. Therefore Larkin is better served being a key player for the Wolverines.

The last prospect thread was the most viewed thread on this forum ever. Probably my favourite thread, thanks everyone for contributing :)
After Larkin and Bertuzzi steadily produced, I liked that thread as well. However, it seems that good seasons of some others were even overlooked, since Nastasiuk, Turgeon and Hicketts turned up their production as well, but were rarely mentioned.

Gruß,
BSHH

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Considering that he's holding up pretty good with the Wolverines so far and seems to feel really comfortable right there, I won't complain about him staying a while longer at all.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Unless something brutal happens, Larkin definitely wont stay after next season though. If he isnt 1 and done, he shuld be two and done without question

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
To add to one of our most enduring discussions here, this article might be interesting: Larkin himself prefers to stay in Ann Arbour over joning the Griffins next season.

While Fischer has not condoned that, he did not speak out against it either. Letting Larkin become an even more dominant player in his current league is the typical Red Wings approach anyway. Since I'm not familiar with the CBA, doesn't that extend Detroit's control over this prospect as well?

By the way, I would be in favour of Larkin staying at Michigan. The Griffins better focus on further developping centers Athanasiou and Nosek as well as integrating the new hopefuls Bertuzzi and Nastasiuk; if Frk shall amount to anything, he needs to find a place on a scoring line next year as well. Therefore Larkin is better served being a key player for the Wolverines.

After Larkin and Bertuzzi steadily produced, I liked that thread as well. However, it seems that good seasons of some others were even overlooked, since Nastasiuk, Turgeon and Hicketts turned up their production as well, but were rarely mentioned.

Gruß,
BSHH

I don't see anywhere where Larkin outright states that he is going to be at Michigan next year. He states that he is enjoying his time and that when he, Red, and the Wings think he is ready he will go pro. The only thing he outright stated is
Larkin said:
I'm with my classmates here in the four years we have at Michigan
and I doubt that he actually does spend all four years at U of M.

jaster

Unregistered User
Jun 8, 2007
Larkin should and will be back at Michigan next year. It will also be Berenson's last year. Which means Larkin is very probably going pro after his sophomore season.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Just got home. What kind of bad game is Larkin having?

Personally, I think he's fallen off just a little bit as the season's come to a close. Seems like typical rookie/freshman conditioning stuff. Bound to happen when a big part of your game is skating all over the ice like a madman. It's difficult to keep up that intensity for an entire season, especially when you're playing in every single situation. He might have to learn to pace himself.

Aug 6, 2012
He honestly looked physically tired out there compared to past games I've seen him play. Kind of weak (fell down a lot) and a lot of standing around. Which is really surprising because he's usually a lot more engaged to the point where you almost want him to pace himself. I wouldn't worry one bit tho. This was probably the first game I've come away less than impressed with his performance, and he still put up two points. :thumbu:

Edit: and there's a goal!! Guess I'm no scout :laugh:

Anchor Town*

I completely forgot that the NCAA somehow lumps playoff stats in with regular season stats. That changes things for Larkin in comparison to some of the other big NCAA seasons in recent history.

How does that change things if that's what they've done in the past?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How does that change things if that's what they've done in the past?

Has the ability to move up the list. For instance tonight his PPG average jumped him three spots higher on the list to 6th in the last 15 years for players >19. Passing Vanek, Jessiman and Toews for now.

Passed Toews Sophmore season total for points in one fewer game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->