Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker 14-15: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandel*

Assists for everyone tonight, Hicketts, Bertuzzi and Turgeon all pick one up. Bertuzzi's was on the PP, he was at the point and sent a pass to the other guy on the point for a one-timer. I saw about half of Guelph's game and he looked really good, created a lot of chances off the rush along the boards and drew a couple penalties. I didn't get a chance to see any WHL but Turgeon and Hicketts had secondary assists.

Also, I will be posting gifs or youtube videos of all of our prospects this year so look out for those ^_^
I can do AHL too if you guys want.

Last edited by a moderator:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Assists for everyone tonight, Hicketts, Bertuzzi and Turgeon all pick one up. Bertuzzi's was on the PP, he was at the point and sent a pass to the other guy on the point for a one-timer. I saw about half of Guelph's game and he looked really good, created a lot of chances off the rush along the boards and drew a couple penalties. I didn't get a chance to see any WHL but Turgeon and Hicketts had secondary assists.

Also, I will be posting gifs or youtube videos of all of our prospects this year so look out for those ^_^
I can do AHL too if you guys want

Sounds excellent! with the passing of Red Wings Central we all need to come together, now more than ever.

(Yes I treat RWC no longer publishing content like a death in the wings prospect following family, like a cool older cousin or something.)

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Sounds excellent! with the passing of Red Wings Central we all need to come together, now more than ever.

(Yes I treat RWC no longer publishing content like a death in the wings prospect following family, like a cool older cousin or something.)

Well I'm here to help fix that problem. I wI'll be watching a lot of OHL and AHL games. On my off days I may catch a few WHL games as well. I'll do my best to give updates on players I watch.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I watch the Griffs when I can. So when I do I will be sure to leave my impressions.

I have a feeling we're going to have a great year in the AHL, with Mrazek and the D still improving, plus the addition of AA2 and Mantha. A prepared Frk might be a big bonus as well.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
I tend to follow the WHL pretty close, I'll start posting **** when I watch. To be honest though I'm not a fan of Portland at all so I'll be happy for Turgeons success but sad if Portland does well.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Frölunda send Ehn and Engvall(TOR) on loan to Allsvenskan club Oskarshamn.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Frölunda send Ehn and Engvall(TOR) on loan to Allsvenskan club Oskarshamn.
That's great for him, although Oskarshamn doesn't seem to be doing very well. Wouldn't mind if he stayed there for the whole season if he's able to get enough ice time.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
No Kadeykin in the lineup today... Played 8-9 minutes in the first game with SKA.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
No Kadeykin in the lineup today... Played 8-9 minutes in the first game with SKA.

Things have not started well at all for him, only 1 assist in 10 games thus far and now he is being scratched. I'm not sure the trade to SKA was the right move, Atlant was bad and he wasn't getting great minutes but with SKA he will probably get less or none at all.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit

I'm really curious about this Kadeykin situation. Thanks ChadS for being on point as far as providing information about it, and pretty much all of our European prospects. :handclap:

I wonder, did Atlant get anything decent coming back the other way? I think maybe they were hoping to change his mind about going stateside and were unsuccessful and just gave up. If he isn't being played on his new team, can he come over before the end of the year, or will that cause issues with the IIHF?

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
Hey boys, what's the expectation on Sproul, where's he playing this year?

In my opinion, almost certainly starting the year in GR, maybe getting a few call-ups throughout the year. We have Marchenko, Ouellet, Jensen, and Backman also competing for call-ups too and Sproul might be 2nd or 3rd on that list.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
In my opinion, almost certainly starting the year in GR, maybe getting a few call-ups throughout the year. We have Marchenko, Ouellet, Jensen, and Backman also competing for call-ups too and Sproul might be 2nd or 3rd on that list.

I think that's where he *should* start and probably *will* start, but I am a little hesitant to say it outright. Babcock has a lot of praise for his game in the post game talks, even when sometimes I thought Sproul made a lot of mistakes. Plus Babcock loves him some big bodies and right handed shots and Sproul has both of those. I think there's a super slim chance he might make it just based on that.

Although, he's pretty much praised all the defensemen. I'm not quite sure what to make of what he says. I don't recall him ever being that effusive towards kids.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I think that's where he *should* start and probably *will* start, but I am a little hesitant to say it outright. Babcock has a lot of praise for his game in the post game talks, even when sometimes I thought Sproul made a lot of mistakes. Plus Babcock loves him some big bodies and right handed shots and Sproul has both of those. I think there's a super slim chance he might make it just based on that.

Although, he's pretty much praised all the defensemen. I'm not quite sure what to make of what he says. I don't recall him ever being that effusive towards kids.

None of our clearly NHL-ready forwards met that 6'0" threshold. ;)

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'm really curious about this Kadeykin situation. Thanks ChadS for being on point as far as providing information about it, and pretty much all of our European prospects. :handclap:

I wonder, did Atlant get anything decent coming back the other way? I think maybe they were hoping to change his mind about going stateside and were unsuccessful and just gave up. If he isn't being played on his new team, can he come over before the end of the year, or will that cause issues with the IIHF?
They did get a player (LINK) in return, but not of the same caliber so they brobably got payed a good amount of cash. His contract is up after this season so he can come to GR once SKA's season is done, on a try-out or by signing with the Wings. Pretty much a 0% chance he comes over mid-season, that generally doesn't happen. Let's see how the situation develops, he might start getting more ice time once he gets more familiar with the team.

--------

McNulty had a goal and was +4 last night. Solid start for him, 3 points in 3 games.

Last edited:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Hey guys, will you guys be running with Howard and Gustavsson or is Mrazek going to get a look this year?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hey guys, will you guys be running with Howard and Gustavsson or is Mrazek going to get a look this year?

Yes, we are gonna run with Howard and Gustavsson as a starting point. Mrazek is in NHL only if there's injuries for Howard/Gus.

Mrazek is still one year away from full NHL-job.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Things have not started well at all for him, only 1 assist in 10 games thus far and now he is being scratched. I'm not sure the trade to SKA was the right move, Atlant was bad and he wasn't getting great minutes but with SKA he will probably get less or none at all.
He needs to be more physical , I hope by sitting out he can learn what hockey is about

Brandel*

SHL

Janmark with a goal and assist going into the 3rd period, is Ehn playing for Frolunda today? I'm confused, has him on the game sheet w/ 12 mins through 2 periods..? not watching the game, but assuming its a mistake.

Holmstrom plays in a couple minutes

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
SHL

Janmark with a goal and assist going into the 3rd period, is Ehn playing for Frolunda today? I'm confused, has him on the game sheet w/ 12 mins through 2 periods..? not watching the game, but assuming its a mistake.

Holmstrom plays in a couple minutes
Yes, apparently Anton Axelsson (2004 Wings pick) was injured and they re-called him from Oskarshamn. He played yesterday for Oskarshamn and didn't get any points but was 7-1 on faceoffs.

Holmström's team isn't playing today, rather tomorrow.

Brandel*

Yes, apparently Anton Axelsson (2004 Wings pick) was injured and they re-called him from Oskarshamn. He played yesterday for Oskarshamn and didn't get any points but was 7-1 on faceoffs.

Holmström's team isn't playing today, rather tomorrow.

So is he playing right now, or just on the roster for the game? Assuming he's playing but his stats for the game are all wrong.

And yeah, just realized that, need to improve my Swedish :p:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad