Detroit Red Wings minor league system ready to graduate prospects to the big club

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The beginning of the 2012-13 AHL season was not kind to the Grand Rapids Griffins. On November 2nd they were 2-4-1-1 and languishing, lacking strong defensive play and goaltending. Enter Petr Mrazek, who ripped off six consecutive wins and seemed to right the  ship for the Griffins. As of January 7th, Grand Rapids was 20-10-1-2 and atop the Midwest division.

As for the ECHL, the Toledo Walleye have been near the top of the standing as well. With 42 points through 36 games, they have pulled into a tie with the North Division-leading Cincinnati Cyclones.

AHL

Petr Mrazek, G, 20

Mrazek's transition from OHL to AHL has been better than seamless; it has been one for the record books.… read more

More...

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
The prospects might be ready but the Wings management is not...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Guessing Newfy is going to love that summary of Callahan. :laugh:

A pretty good write up, becomes clear and not trying to take a shot here as I appreciate that they come and put this stuff on the Detroit page and I like reading it, but I question how much this guy has actually seen of the team? I have watched every game this year, I can tell you after a rough and undiscplined start for instance that Callahan has been playing great for a month earned more time and trust from the coach.

Some of the guys bouncing back and forth from the AHL and ECHL are doing that because of the numbers game. Also found it interesting even though I personally don't think he has a future with Detroit that they elected not to do even a write up on Pare, kind of big oversight if you're talking about our minor league guys this year.

Aug 6, 2012
Interesting to see HF doesn't think Callahan will ever make the Wings. I think he still has a shot.

Also liked hearing Tats projected as a top sox forward. Whoever wrote this seemed to be really high on Tats, even more so than Gus it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad