Post-Game Talk: Detroit Ratelle Wings @ New York Ratelles - February 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
he actually played very well tonight I thought but give him some time he will be fine

I said this earlier, but I personally want to see what he can do first.

I don't have any grand expectations that he is going to be a core player, but there's a bit more talent there then some people might acknowledge on first glance. At 26, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that he could give us some good hockey for several years.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I said this earlier, but I personally want to see what he can do first.

I don't have any grand expectations that he is going to be a core player, but there's a bit more talent there then some people might acknowledge on first glance. At 26, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that he could give us some good hockey for several years.
he is what he is, a 2nd line winger or a 3rd line center, if you can expect that then your fine

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I've watched Spooner quite a bit over the years via my NHL Center Ice package and due to my owning him a few times in my $$ fantasy league.

I say we keep him and not deal him tomorrow as I think he'll be a nice fit for what we are ultimately trying to do. A solid 3rd liner with 50-55 point productivity is nothing to sneeze at.

He's only 26, he's got skills, he can skate pretty well and he's a solid PP guy all attributes that are very useful.

I don't see him leaving and I'm more than happy with that. Gorton has done a masterful job since being given the keys to the car a few years ago. I've been one of his biggest proponents in here and what he has done this past week cements in my opinion that he is one of the top 5 or so GM's in all of hockey.

We are very very lucky and fortunate to have Gorts in charge. With the solid scouting staff he has assembled and Gorts own brilliant evaluation skills, I truly believe this rebuild will not take a long time at all and I'd not be surprised whatsoever that by time 2020 comes, we are right back where we are used to being which is playoff bound and with some breaks from the hockey gods which are always in play, possibly onward to some more long playoff runs.....:nod:

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I've liked Spooner, but I ultimately think his contract demands will determine if we keep him or not. We now have 7 RFAs this summer. He definitely has value, so either way, I think we'll come out positive here, in either an NHL roster player for us or otherwise.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well we need snipers, but I`ve bad feeling we will end up with defenders in this draft. :)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Eh, I support the Rangers moves, but it’s really difficult to watch this team these days.
Saw a few mins during my lunch break and thought it was a fun game. Not much defense being played either way. Goalies were on their toes too.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As somebody who's been very disgruntled (I'm sorry it has everything to do with AV), I don't regret going to that game at all. They played well. I was entertained.

A lot of the guys on this roster are really good. I just wish the system was different.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Things you can rely on in Rangers hockey:

-) The other teams goalless rookie scoring
-) The other teams back-up stealing the show
-) The other teams ex-Rangers scoring
-) Jimmy Howard stealing the show

Always with this shit. Is he a Rangers fan or anything?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Thought he looked pretty miserable before the game in the shots of him on the bench and throughout as well
If that's how he feels then he can **** off and we should flip him, this is part of the game, he's a professional and shouldn't be moping around like that.

That’s just his normal expression.
Glad he had a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->