Rumor: Detroit interested in Brenden Morrow

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
We all know how big the Wings are on Dallas Drake-types. They no doubt view Morrow as that kind of guy.

The question is, who goes? This has to mean we're talking about some serious roster surgery. Possibly Emmerton, Eaves, Tootoo, and Bertuzzi all out the door? Would that even do the trick? Might have to send more guys out the airlock...

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
If it's for one year I'd be ok with this as long as the cap hit isn't high, $2.5 maybe. He'd fit well on the third line with Tatar and Andersson. If we did sign him, you can expect to see Quincey and Tootoo gone and either Lashoff or another cheap UFA defensemen to be our 6th defensemen.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I like Morrow more than Cleary, he was better down the stretch and has always been better offensively and tougher. This ALL depends on who leaves though - that would put the Wings at so many forwards.

crashman

If they bring in Morrow, they better plan on dumping Sammy and Tootoo.

How many logs they gonna try to stuff in this logjamoramma.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I doubt this happens. No cap space or roster space. Unless a trade is on the horizon...

Bobby12345

Feb 6, 2009
6 goals, 8 assists for 14 points and a +5 rating in 15 games with Pittsburgh.
I think he can still contribute with a solid center and probably get 40-50 points if he can stay healthy.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
funny-gif-soldiers-bomb-fail.gif

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
So if this is true, Holland was worried about Lecavalier's pace and then decide "gee that Brenden Morrow fella would be a nice piece to have" :help:

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
If Morrow bumps Sammy/Bert/Tootoo I'm okay with that. If he bumps our younger guys than no.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
If they bring in Morrow, they better plan on dumping Sammy and Tootoo.

How many logs they gonna try to stuff in this logjamoramma.
That just makes it more fun, if you ask me. It's hard to say what on earth Kenny is going to do now that he HAS to do something. Are we talking little trades, or does Kenny have enough of (insert illicit substance here) to extend the bender and make a huge trade too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad