GDT: detroit does carolina - 02feb18

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Having a public Twitter account like the vast majority of Twitter users does not make you a public figure. Y'all are being asses. Cool it.
Our problem is that she is blaming everyone else but her brother. She has hundreds of excuses why Canes lost(not today, but after every game), but Darling is never the problem. So she is replaying to many people who says otherwise on twitter.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
It's not like we set the world on fire against Ottawa and Montreal. Those are teams regularly giving up 5, 6, and 7 goals and we got two in each game. The wins are nice, but it's not like our goal-scoring issues got magically solved by a couple wins in a row. Goaltending wasn't really the issue tonight. But the fact remains, if Cam wasn't really good, we could easily be 0-3 post-break.

I think it's pretty clear the elephant in the room is the terrible forward unit. I don't even think we got massively outworked tonight. We lack skill up front. I don't know how we can pick on Rask. Or Nordstrom. Or Skinner. We're just not dangerous at all offensively and we basically need to be perfect defensively to compete.

I'm starting to feel for Bill Peters.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Having a public Twitter account like the vast majority of Twitter users does not make you a public figure. Y'all are being asses. Cool it.
That’s not how twitter/the internet works. You should expect at all times that your views will be seen, no matter if you have a check mark next to your name or not. I would recommend she not go running to twitter every time the team loses a game with him in net. I won’t talk about it anymore, I understand where you’re coming from.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Not sure why you’re white knighting so hard for Darling’s sister.

You say it’s bullying? No one is saying anything to her as far as I know. No one is harassing her on Twitter so I’m not sure how you think it constitutes bullying. We’re random people she doesn’t even know exist having a laugh at her opinion and comments. No big deal.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's not like we set the world on fire against Ottawa and Montreal. Those are teams regularly giving up 5, 6, and 7 goals and we got two in each game. The wins are nice, but it's not like our goal-scoring issues got magically solved by a couple wins in a row. Goaltending wasn't really the issue tonight. But the fact remains, if Cam wasn't really good, we could easily be 0-3 post-break.

I think it's pretty clear the elephant in the room is the terrible forward unit. I don't even think we got massively outworked tonight. We lack skill up front. I don't know how we can pick on Rask. Or Nordstrom. Or Skinner. We're just not dangerous at all offensively and we basically need to be perfect defensively to compete.

I'm starting to feel for Bill Peters.

I don’t mind picking on Skinner. He has 8 goals since a November 1st good for 140th in the league. Being as how that’s literally the only thing he contributes and exactly what the Canes are missing I’ll pick on him a bit.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Obviously Darling can't win with 1 goal for. The team played lackluster in front of him. But there were two goals where you had time to be like "oh, yeah, there is no chance he will stop...awww, I kenw it"

IDK if this team just needs to play the trap infront of him or just go balls out and track race it. But trying to do something in between isnt working

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Ooof just heard this from someone who sat down low tonight in the area we defended twice. Apparently Darling was screaming at and cursing out the team for their play in front of him from puck drop to final whistle.

If true, I can see why the team hung him out to dry tonight.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Darling giving up some goals on good chances isn't the problem. It's that he gives up all the goals on all the good chances as well as too many goals on mediocre and poor changes.

Some games he has to make some tough saves. As a whole he's responsive for never making a tough save.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Nah, but Darling is the problem...

Probably not, but he's also not the solution. The little I saw tonight, the team sucked ass in front of Darling. That sucks for him. The problem is, do you replace a team because they can't seem to show up for one goalie over a another or the goalie? Ward is getting wins, and Darling isn't. Ward's stats are better than Darling's. If it doesn't change this season, I don't see a path forward for him on this team. I like Darling, but shit happens. Place blame where you want, but ultimately goalies live and die by A) wins, and B) the stats, and he's coming up well short in both departments.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
In reference to darling honestly the longer this goes on, i can see darling requesting a trade. I do have to say I'm noticing a trend with the goalie revolving door we've had the past 5 years or so. The team like to play their hearts out in front of ward, but give up every odd-man rush possible(exaggerating a bit ) when it's not ward. Seriously though this team seems to not show up when wards not in net. Don't take this as me defending darling specifically, i've noticed this back when lack, and dobby were here(no surprise dobby is having success in 2nd stint with Boston). I think what needs to happen is ward has to go after this season until ward it gone i don't think any goalie you bring in is going to cement himself as a number one.

EDIT: In reference to lack of scoring Zykov and Foegele both scored again for Charlotte yet we won't give them a call-up and keep running the same scrubs in this lineup. I can only pick two players that honestly bring their best every night and its Aho and Mcginn the rest Idk whats up with them.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We have 6 even strength goals in 7 games (if we conclude the Montreal game was as flukey as it seemed at the time), and we're more worried about our backup goaltender than the forward corps that cannot bury breakaways or put pucks into empty nets.

At what point do we turn our attention to the actual problem instead of wondering why our goaltending can't get wins behind a team that plays like they did tonight?

Elsker

Jul 3, 2008
Downtown Raleigh
37 shots and one GF is indeed the issue and not the goaltending.

Screened shot, slap shot from the high slot, two shots from as close as the dots. Darling stopped everything he had a legit chance at and gave them a chance to snap out of it. They didn't.

Those last three GA's were from closer than goalie twitch range. At 20' there's about 0.15 seconds and puck is there. All you can do is place your glove over your pad and make them hit top corner. They did.

Team fail, not goalie fail.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Ooof just heard this from someone who sat down low tonight in the area we defended twice. Apparently Darling was screaming at and cursing out the team for their play in front of him from puck drop to final whistle.

If true, I can see why the team hung him out to dry tonight.

During the broadcast they had a shot on Hanifin on the bench right after the first goal and he looked upset and was shaking his head. Something like that actually crossed my mind, because Hanifin did seem like he was really upset about something more than just giving up a goal.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
On the negative, the Canes lost

On the positive there were 18,126 in attendance for last nights game. That's an impressive crowd.

On the negative a lot of those were Wings fans.

On the positive, we've now surpassed Arizona in average attendance. So we are now 3rd last in the league in attendance! Woohoo small moral victory for us Canes fans!

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
On the negative, the Canes lost

On the positive there were 18,126 in attendance for last nights game. That's an impressive crowd.

On the negative a lot of those were Wings fans.

On the positive, we've now surpassed Arizona in average attendance. So we are now 3rd last in the league in attendance! Woohoo small moral victory for us Canes fans!

Well that explains it. The Caniac coach was packed to the point where you couldnt add another body, the lines to get in were about 15 minutes long, the lines for the bathroom and beer were unbelievable. Havent seen that in a long time.

There were alot of wings fans but not as many as you'd see at a Rangers or Penguins game. Alot of our folks showed up.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
This is just my opinion but Hurricanes management and coaches are afraid to play wild with decisions. They play everything safe except with the goalie situation. They will pay a career backup over multiple years without any proof they can be a number one but refuse to make any changes in the roster whether it’s making a trade or bringing up some young guys. They don’t mind benching some of the younger kids but god forbid some of the others who have sucked miss a shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad