Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Steve Ott (1 year, $800k)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Thank God he's gone.

I'm really not sure how he gets paid money to trash talk. Because that's literally the only thing he provides. And "leadership in the room."

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I feel like the Wings have a bajillion forwards now that could play regular NHL time.

Zetterberg - Larkin - Nyquist
Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek
Athanasiou - Sheahan - Abdelkader
Helm - Glendening - Ott
Miller - Andersson - Pulkinnen
Jurco - Vitale - Mantha

Andersson signed in Europe and Vitale is LTIRetired as far as I understand, but yes I am thinking some sort of winger+ for defender trade will happen here shortly

taylorjonl

Jul 3, 2015
Sandy, Utah
I feel like the Wings have a bajillion forwards now that could play regular NHL time.

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek
Helm - Glendening - Ott
Jurco - Vitale - Mantha

I like this idea, 6 lines.

sureWhyNot

Jan 24, 2012
Chicago
If these signings aren't to free up a boatload of forwards to trade for a legitimate top pairing defense then i don't know what to say. It's almost like Holland is trolling the red wings fans at this point.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Great guy, but he is done. When Armstrog is letting him walk instead of giving him that contract, you know he is done.

Meaningless contract, no penalty to dump him in the AHL of it comes to it.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek
Helm - Glendening - Ott
Jurco - Vitale - Mantha

Andersson left to go play overseas.

I'm guessing Pulinnen is part of a trade that Ken Holland is making with all these forwards

Juro will probably be part of that trade

Vitale will stay in GR

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
If these signings aren't to free up a boatload of forwards to trade for a legitimate top pairing defense then i don't know what to say. It's almost like Holland is trolling the red wings fans at this point.

Yup, like I said. I honestly think he's sabotaging this team one last time before he gets the boot.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI

We don't need Vanek or Ott to hit the cap floor regardless of who we trade, so these look like extremely typical Holland "wtf-ever" signings.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek
Helm - Glendening - Ott
Jurco - Vitale - Mantha

This is hilarious. I have no damn clue what Holland is doing. He doesn't make trades including roster players. So,um,Yea I got nothing.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

By this point do you mean the last 5 years?

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Great guy, but he is done. When Armstrog is letting him walk instead of giving him that contract, you know he is done.

Meaningless contract, no penalty to dump him in the AHL of it comes to it.

Oh, never heard that before. He's the new Dan Cleary. Taking up a roster spot for no reason and playing like hot garbage. It's NOT meaningless.

With that said, Ott and Vanek better be parts to a bigger amazing trade, doesn't make sense.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Detroit forward flow chart:

are you under contract (yes/no) -> do you need waivers -> will you get picked off waivers

answer yes 3 times and welcome to the storied Red Wings franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad