Confirmed with Link: [DET/PHI] Kent Huskins for Conditional 7th in 2014

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I wonder if Kenny made this trade just so he can add it to his "trade resumé"...even though it's basically waiving him since huskins for sure won't be signed... could have just waived him... :D kenny you

Looks like Paul Holmgren still has some friends.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Making room for DeKeyser, no doubt. Let's see another trade or two.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
He gets the 'realgood' stamp of approval in this quote from Babcock.

“I like that he’s a real good defender,'' Babcock said. “He skates good, seems to pass the puck real well. He’s obviously good. At his level he’s been a dominant player for the last two years, and we’re excited to have him.''
via mlive.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Huskins played his 5th game as a Flyer yesterday. Thus the Red Wings have two 7th round picks.

Gruß,
BSHH

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Huskins played his 5th game as a Flyer yesterday. Thus the Red Wings have two 7th round picks.

Gruß,
BSHH
I believe the condition was him re-signing with the Flyers. Don't think that's going to happen.

Edit. Slow.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

Gruß,
BSHH

Played over 21 minutes for the Flyers last night...his minutes have gone up in each game.

He's good enough to be playing for someone...didn't make sense to bury him when this team has way too many defensemen. Wise move to get some picks for him when you can.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Played over 21 minutes for the Flyers last night...his minutes have gone up in each game.

He's good enough to be playing for someone...didn't make sense to bury him when this team has way too many defensemen. Wise move to get some picks for him when you can.

Yeah. Also don't understand why Lash was playing ahead of him for so long. But good on Kenny for making that swap, better to try to get something than nothing.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Huskins has looked fine for the flyers thus far. I wouldn't be against signing him, but I see his minutes decreasing after this season since we currently are missing Pronger, Coburn, Grossmann, and Meszaros

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Lashoff is a good guy to keep around but they signed him to that deal way too early. Now that DeKeyser is in the mix, what purpose does he serve now? Lashoff is a #7 (at best) on this team and that's saying something considering this isn't a great defense corps.

Going into next year, you have Kronwall, Smith, Kindl, Quincey, Ericsson and DeKeyser as your likely top 6 (incumbents)...Lashoff would be 7...and this is without getting a guy in free agency.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Lashoff is a good guy to keep around but they signed him to that deal way too early. Now that DeKeyser is in the mix, what purpose does he serve now? Lashoff is a #7 (at best) on this team and that's saying something considering this isn't a great defense corps.

Going into next year, you have Kronwall, Smith, Kindl, Quincey, Ericsson and DeKeyser as your likely top 6 (incumbents)...Lashoff would be 7...and this is without getting a guy in free agency.

Kenny will probably go trading all of roster players again this summer, better to lock some extras down while we can :sarcasm:

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

Some D-men definitely need to go. I'd like to see Quincey moved and a solid RH FA come in. CC probably needs to be bought out as well.

Kronner - FA/Trade RH
Ericsson - Kindl
Dekeyser - Smith
Lashoff

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Glad to see Huskins getting an opportunity to play. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, pretty reliable veteran addition for Flyers.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Some D-men definitely need to go. I'd like to see Quincey moved and a solid RH FA come in. CC probably needs to be bought out as well.

Kronner - FA/Trade RH
Ericsson - Kindl
Dekeyser - Smith
Lashoff

Forgot about Colo...but then again, so has everyone else. :sarcasm:

I like that top 6 if they get the right partner for Kronwall. They need a stay at home guy to play with him so he can be active offensively and let him roam the neutral zone like he did when Stuart was his partner. Like the Kings have paired Regehr with Doughty...or when Scuderi was paired with him during the playoffs. Kronwall is an okay defender but he shouldn't be the defensive anchor of a top pair.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
link? i heard it was either 5 games or resigning ... but maybe i just read that here. anyone know for certain?
Detroit Free Press writer Helen St. James twittered that the condition would be Huskins playing at least 5 games for the Flyers. Another blogger/writer twittered later that the condition additionally involves him resigning. So I guess we'll see who's right.

Gruß,
BSHH

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Lashoff's waiver exempt for another year and his salary is low enough it can be buried if Wings rather go with seven others. Good for him having the one-way salary though I guess.

Detroit Sports*

Detroit Free Press writer Helen St. James twittered that the condition would be Huskins playing at least 5 games for the Flyers. Another blogger/writer twittered later that the condition additionally involves him resigning. So I guess we'll see who's right.

Gruß,
BSHH

its tweeted not twittered :laugh:

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
its tweeted not twittered :laugh:

Tweety_picture_0025.jpg

;)

Gruß,
BSHH

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Forgot about Colo...but then again, so has everyone else. :sarcasm:

I like that top 6 if they get the right partner for Kronwall. They need a stay at home guy to play with him so he can be active offensively and let him roam the neutral zone like he did when Stuart was his partner. Like the Kings have paired Regehr with Doughty...or when Scuderi was paired with him during the playoffs. Kronwall is an okay defender but he shouldn't be the defensive anchor of a top pair.

Agreed. A solid RH defensive defenseman to play with Kronwall and our D is relatively solid and young with some good guys in the pipeline as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad