GDT: DET @ LAK | 10:00pm EST | 3/15/2018

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I feel bad for Coreau, he had that behind the back and the should've been pulled the full minute we were in the zone goal.

Right. It was a little bit over 2 minutes left on the clock and Z's line had position deep in LA's zone but we dont pull the goalie. I guess we can look at it as Trashill being a poor coach his helping the tank

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Wow.
Blame Holland all you want - and he deserves a lot of blame.
But this team looks like f***ing shit right now.
Are you telling me Tomas Tatar and Petr Mrazek were the only thing between Detroit being mediocre and Detroit being a dumpster fire?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Wow.
But this team looks like ****ing **** right now.
Are you telling me Tomas Tatar and Petr Mrazek were the only thing between Detroit being mediocre and Detroit being a dumpster fire?

Basically, yes. This team has won a I'd say ~5 games because of them they wouldn't have otherwise. So basically this team only ten points lower in the standings.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
it was even game , LA got lucky . Red wings is not a trash team , like many think here , they play well . And game was actually boring

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Wow.
But this team looks like ****ing **** right now.

Are you saying it's coaching?

I don't think in the slide since the TD they're playing much worse than before. Besides Vegas (4-0) and the Wild (4-1) they've been essentially 1 goal games. Tonight we were a goal behind until later in the 3rd. There's got to be a few reasons they aren't able to pull out a win here:

1) The Wings physically running out of steam. That 120% or whatever Blashill talked about they have to muster to win can only sustain for so long.

2) May be having to finally accept the PO's are out of reach is taking a mental toll. They're pros but losing Tatar and Petr has to hurt a little too.

3) QoC. 5 of the 8 teams we just lost to are fighting for their PO lives. The Knights, Bruins, and Jets are flat out superior teams who chose to show up, which we know isn't totally true in our past meetings.

The next 3- Ducks, Avalanche, and Flyers are basically must wins for them. I was very wrong thinking the Wings might steal a few of these. The posters that foresaw the bottom falling out in March were spot on.

Reactions: BinCookin

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I was at the game. It was pretty boring.

What was up with that? It felt like the Kings dictated the pace (which was slow as molasses). Were the Wings afraid of getting pulverized? I'd call the play back and forth one-and-done, except with the absence of shots it was more none-and-done.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sad part is we won't get him. We will just keep sucking.
Well at least you’re keeping your spirits up!

I’m seeing a trend here:

*2013-16 : ”We need top 10 picks!”
*2017 : ”We need top 5 picks!”
*2018: ”We need the #1OA pick!”

The unfortunate reality is even if we finish last we are not likely to get Dahlin. However, very good players should be found throughout the top 10 this year. Personally I think aside from drafting 1st, drafting between 4 and 7 is a perfect position for us. Right now that’s where we’ll most likely be.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Are you saying it's coaching?

I don't think in the slide since the TD they're playing much worse than before. Besides Vegas (4-0) and the Wild (4-1) they've been essentially 1 goal games. Tonight we were a goal behind until later in the 3rd. There's got to be a few reasons they aren't able to pull out a win here:

1) The Wings physically running out of steam. That 120% or whatever Blashill talked about they have to muster to win can only sustain for so long.

2) May be having to finally accept the PO's are out of reach is taking a mental toll. They're pros but losing Tatar and Petr has to hurt a little too.

3) QoC. 5 of the 8 teams we just lost to are fighting for their PO lives. The Knights, Bruins, and Jets are flat out superior teams who chose to show up, which we know isn't totally true in our past meetings.

The next 3- Ducks, Avalanche, and Flyers are basically must wins for them. I was very wrong thinking the Wings might steal a few of these. The posters that foresaw the bottom falling out in March were spot on.

The NHL is a one-goal game league.,

1) I don't know what this mean. Every team plays 82 games and the Red Wings have been one of the healthiest teams in hockey.

2) Ottawa traded Brassard. Buffalo traded Kane. Those teams have The Rangers traded McDonough. These teams are all respectable lately. The only team on a slide like Detroit is Vancouver, beset by critical injuries, too

3) You could easily see that a different way and say maybe they take the foot off the gas for a game against a weak opponent.

Yeah, I'm saying it's coaching.

Coach has one line going lately. He's getting nothing out of anyone else.
He keeps playing Nick Jensen like he's a 10-year cup-winning vet who's won a lifetime job in Detroit.
He's crashed Larkin, Mantha and AA into the wall.
He's playing Z 20 minutes a night.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

I’m seeing a trend here:

The unfortunate reality is even if we finish last we are not likely to get Dahlin. However, very good players should be found throughout the top 10 this year. Personally I think aside from drafting 1st, drafting between 4 and 7 is a perfect position for us. Right now that’s where we’ll most likely be.

As long as we don't f*** it up - Rasmussen-over-Vilardi style.

Honestly, at the moment, I'm not feeling so hot about a lot of the guys listed 2 through 10.

If we were the 2nd overall pick, I would gladly trade every draft pick we have for the first overall pick.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I’m seeing a trend here:

strawman for dayz

We haven't even had a top 5 pick yet, and top 5 this year should give you a very good player.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
What was up with that? It felt like the Kings dictated the pace (which was slow as molasses). Were the Wings afraid of getting pulverized? I'd call the play back and forth one-and-done, except with the absence of shots it was more none-and-done.

The only thing I remember from the game is Athanasiou getting checked into the boards by the home team's penalty box and the door swinging open.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Yeah I would not trade Andre svech and the rest of the draft picks for Dahlin. I'd happily take our new elite winger and restock the prospect pool which is really empty at the moment, in terms of quality ones

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You were saying?

Very good players can be found throughout the top 10. Dahlin would be amazing but not getting him isn't the end of the world.

Well, we haven't even had a top 5 pick yet. Let's see how that goes first. At that point you are getting closer to the fool-proof part of the draft.

Last edited:

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
You were saying?

Very good players can be found throughout the top 10. Dahlin would be amazing but not getting him isn't the end of the world.

We're within 7 points of the end of the world, PD.

We might get a good player at 4 to 7. We might draft a bum.
It's hard to say. I see a lot of weaknesses in those guys beyond Dahlin.

Dahlin is the one guy in this draft who doesn't come with questions and doubts.

He's the one guy who looks like a franchise player.

So no, not getting him isn't the end of the world. We're at the end of the world.

Getting him gives you the best chance of starting a new world.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Yeah I would not trade Andre svech and the rest of the draft picks for Dahlin. I'd happily take our new elite winger and restock the prospect pool which is really empty at the moment, in terms of quality ones

We've got depth players.
We don't have elite players.

Let me ask you a question.

Dahlin for everyone in last year's draft, plus our best late round first (24 and beyond), our best early second 30-38 in the last 8 years
Dahlin for
---------------
Rasmussen
Lindstrom
Kotkansalo
Zablocki
Gallant
Petruzzli
Setkov
Fraser
Adams
Webb
Gilmour
+++
Cholowski (20th - close enough)'
and Givani Smith.
-------

It's a preposterous offer, obviously.

But I'd take that offer easily. Without any heartburn.

Losing Rasmussen and Cholo could hurt. But IMO, even they turn into good players, I highly doubt they're going to be big-time impact guys.
So, in the end, they're replaceable.

You can't replace a Dahlin very easily.
Look at Detroit's efforts to replace Lidstrom.
Or Datsyuk.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We've got depth players.
We don't have elite players.

Let me ask you a question.

Dahlin for everyone in last year's draft, plus our best late round first (24 and beyond), our best early second 30-38 in the last 8 years
Dahlin for
---------------
Rasmussen
Lindstrom
Kotkansalo
Zablocki
Gallant
Petruzzli
Setkov
Fraser
Adams
Webb
Gilmour
+++
Cholowski (20th - close enough)'
and Givani Smith.
-------

It's a preposterous offer, obviously.

But I'd take that offer easily. Without any heartburn.

Losing Rasmussen and Cholo could hurt. But IMO, even they turn into good players, I highly doubt they're going to be big-time impact guys.
So, in the end, they're replaceable.

You can't replace a Dahlin very easily.
Look at Detroit's efforts to replace Lidstrom.
Or Datsyuk.

The Islanders literally offered every pick in the draft they had to Columbus for the #2 pick the year Ryan Murray was taken, and it was declined.

This type of stuff just doesn't happen. No one will trade the #1 pick this year.

Islanders' all-in trade offer to Jackets makes sense | Hockey | CBC Sports

Reactions: Redder Winger

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

I’m seeing a trend here:

I think we saw;

We don't need to rebuild we can retool,
Rebuilds are for failures like Edmonton

Holland dosent need top ten picks, he can find elite talent elsewhere,
Elite talent dosent doesn't hit free agency ever,
We don't have the assets to trade for elite talent, you need top picks to get that

Holland was brillint for being able to find datsyuk and Zetterberg ,
Its not Holland's fault he hasn't since, he hasent drafted high enough

Rebuilds take ten years, retooling is the way to go,
You can't retool in todays league so be patient while we rebuild We just started last season

You can find elite talent at pick 8-13,
Well theirs a huge difference in talent between 3 and 9

On and on with the flip flopping

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad