Trade: [DET/LAC] Blake Griffin to Detroit Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, 1st & 2nd

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The NBA is just the best. Lets get crazy again.

Blake's a big time injury risk going forward. I think it'd be smart for the Clippers to get some younger and cheaper pieces for him. Go all the way and do the same with DeAndre Jordan as well.

As for the Pistons, they'd obviously get the best player in the deal but I wonder how he'd fit next to Drummond. Blake has range and can do a lot of different things but it still could be an awkward fit.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Clippers would be dumb to do this deal. Obviously you need depth and the deal doesn’t suck because of the players offered cause all of them would be good but Bradley is a SG, Williams is a SG, Gallinari is a SF and Harris is a SF, Jordan is a center, Boban is a center. Unless we have a deal around Jordan and Lou for Nets 1st or something good like that I don’t get it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So the Clippers are guaranteed to get the 1st at some point. Pistons are currently three games back of the 8th seed so it could even be a lottery pick in the 2019 draft. Does this trade make them better than the Sixers or Pacers?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So DeAndre Jordan is gone too right? This has to mean the Clippers are blowing it up and starting again.

At least for their fans they had a few years where it looked like the team could be a legit contender.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Well there goes Detroit's depth....not the worst return for LAC. But damn the east is wide open right now and they should be primed to tear **** up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Clippers might try to make a run at the playoffs but this is the perfect time for them to start the tank. They should be able to get a decent return if they flip Bradley to another team. Same with DeAndre and Lou Will, who can also both be FAs this summer.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The Clippers might try to make a run at the playoffs but this is the perfect time for them to start the tank. They should be able to get a decent return if they flip Bradley to another team. Same with DeAndre and Lou Will, who can also both be FAs this summer.
Pretty cool of Jerry and Doc (maybe) to be thinking about the future instead of settling for maybe a first round exit with the team they currently have.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
As a Pistons fan, I don't know what to think. They needed star power in the worst way, they were going to lose Bradley anyway and Harris is very one dimensional but Blake is a bit of a headcase and he's never healthy. Doesn't SVG realize this isn't a big mans' league anymore? Is he hoping that Reggie Jackson, Griffin and Drummond is the new CP3, Griffin, Jordan? Meh
Griffin is going to hate this, I know that much.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Clippers definitely need to move Jordan and Lou and soon so they can start losing games. Lou more than Jordan cause he can only rebound while Lou has the potential to go off for 40 any given night.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
On that topic...

With NO losing Cousins and likely to slide, blowing it up is quite a bold call because I think the Clips would have been a playoff team had they kept their squad together.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty cool of Jerry and Doc (maybe) to be thinking about the future instead of settling for maybe a first round exit with the team they currently have.

I really don't want to give Doc the GM that much credit. This has to be a Jerry West move.

Clippers definitely need to move Jordan and Lou and soon so they can start losing games. Lou more than Jordan cause he can only rebound while Lou has the potential to go off for 40 any given night.

Agreed. They're able to flip Bradley right away, right? I know the NBA has some rules in place but I'm pretty sure he just can't be traded back to the Pistons for a year. I like him but not at the reported $20M/yr he's apparently going to be looking for this summer.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->