Trade: [DET/LAA] Angels acquire Ian Kinsler for 2 prospects

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Previously? Maybe. But its not hard to change your mind after the moves Eppler has made and the money Moreno is willing to spend.
Him having all 5 California teams on his NTC made it seem more like he didn't want to play in California than the Angels.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why? He's awesome defensively and will probably have a little bounce back at the plate. Also the cost is probably much more palatable than Hernandez.

* He's old
* He had a bad year
* We haven't had a good 2B in years and since he only has a year left, we'll be left without a good one yet again after this season
* There were way better options out there and no reason we couldn't try to acquire them.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
* He's old
* He had a bad year
* We haven't had a good 2B in years and since he only has a year left, we'll be left without a good one yet again after this season
* There were way better options out there and no reason we couldn't try to acquire them.
You assume they didn't try huh. One year deals are fine for cost control and the fact that he is older. That is good.

Not only that, but since our farm is so bad we most likely would have to give up one of the young MLB starters for a younger, better 2B. The only guy I'd do that for is Hernandez, and reports are what it would take to get him is prohibitive.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
You assume they didn't try huh. One year deals are fine for cost control and the fact that he is older. That is good.

Not only that, but since our farm is so bad we most likely would have to give up one of the young MLB starters for a younger, better 2B. The only guy I'd do that for is Hernandez, and reports are what it would take to get him is prohibitive.
Oh I'm sure we tried, but since none of the others have moved already I'm not sure we tried as hard as we could've, and instead went with the cheaper, easier option. I wouldn't be against giving up one of the young starters for a young 2B we'd have control over for awhile, we have too many starters as is and I want to sign some more experienced guys anyways.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Him having all 5 California teams on his NTC made it seem more like he didn't want to play in California than the Angels.

I thought I remember the Dodgers being a team he wanted to go to?

Anyway, its not hard to change your mind when your GM is trading everyone. He realizes theres only so much time left for him to compete & win a title.

pretty weak return for detroit

being ranked #20 and #24 in that farm system is like being ranked in the 50s and 60s in most other farm systems

They are going scorched earth at this point - even Fulmer is available. Mind you they will never be able to trade Miggy but they can tear everything around him down. Gotta take what you can get.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
From the Tigers view, the return is disappointing. But Kinsler obviously used his NTC to block any trade to other suitors.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad