Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
pretty much all the boxes got ticked there for me. except for more details on the PC version...hopefully we get those soon.

hell, they even gave us a grenade launcher.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
pretty much all the boxes got ticked there for me. except for more details on the PC version...hopefully we get those soon.

hell, they even gave us a grenade launcher.

It'll be available on battle.net and someone from the event tweeted out that it will be 30fps on console and 60fps on pc.

Here's the Reveal trailer

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'm super excited that it's on PC... but it still feels more like an expansion than a new game. Not sure what I was expecting to make it blow my socks off, but it looks like a large expansion for the first game.

I just hope to god that when it's on Battle.net that it means 60 Hz tickrate servers.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Destiny 2 PC

4k Resolution Support (3820x2160)
Uncapped framerate
Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
Text chat
Adjustable Field of View
Detailed PC settings screen
21:9 monitor support

To give you a rough idea of performance, the rig that Bungie was running during the gameplay reveal livestream was an i7-7700K 4.2GHz with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1080Ti graphics card.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
its launching on Battle.net not Steam?

thats cool. 4 of my 5 most played games are on Bnet lol

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Destiny 2 PC

4k Resolution Support (3820x2160)
Uncapped framerate
Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
Text chat
Adjustable Field of View
Detailed PC settings screen
21:9 monitor support

To give you a rough idea of performance, the rig that Bungie was running during the gameplay reveal livestream was an i7-7700K 4.2GHz with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1080Ti graphics card.

Sounds good, but hope a GTX 970 can still look great and get 60 FPS on it. But seriously, awesome **** with all the needed features.. Hope it's optimized though. Now please god give us 60 Hz Tickrate servers.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I don't play Destiny as much anymore but I always jump in at the new expansion. This will be day 1 just like the first. Midnight release probably as well.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Looks like more Destiny.

Will wait for reviews to see if they actually make enough content for a $60 game this time around, rather than recycling everything and forcing players through a ridiculous grind of the same places and missions over and over and over and over and....

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
how in the world are shotguns and snipers in the same slot as rockets and grenade launchers.. also why are machine guns out?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
People saying the PvP feels slow. Titan skating is gone, primaries feel similar to how they feel now, nobody spawns with "power" ammo, which is basically special + heavy rolled into one slot. Slow air movement = just a lot of fights on the ground. Jumping just makes you an easy target.

When power ammo spawns only the person who pulls it actually gets the ammo?

I dunno this game kinda sounds bad?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
People saying the PvP feels slow. Titan skating is gone, primaries feel similar to how they feel now, nobody spawns with "power" ammo, which is basically special + heavy rolled into one slot. Slow air movement = just a lot of fights on the ground. Jumping just makes you an easy target.

When power ammo spawns only the person who pulls it actually gets the ammo?

I dunno this game kinda sounds bad?

Well they've got plenty of time to tweak it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just got round to watching the "gameplay" trailer with zero gameplay lol

since when was showing in-engine cutscene considered gameplay

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Well they've got plenty of time to tweak it.

I hope it's not deliberate, but it sure sounds like they made an effort to nerf the movement in the game. Nobody can gain forward momentum anymore, so being in the air just makes you floaty and dead. Lowers the skill floor and ceiling.

We'll see, but I have no interest in this game if they're just gonna make it play like Halo.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

The Bungie stream had about 10 minutes of gameplay. I'm confused.

Rumor is that PC will not be ready to release with the consoles. Sounds about right.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
All those PC options... I wish my real life friends were up for playing Destiny. Literally all my friends I know in real life have literally no interest in Destiny :laugh:.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

The first mission that they showed, "Homecoming", was pc gameplay...

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I watched the game play video and while it looks like "more of the same" to me that's great news. I really enjoy the nuts & bolts of Destiny and the best I can hope for is an enhanced version of that experience. I think we're going to get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad