Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm really hoping there is some way where my friends on PC and my friends on Xbox can all play together. The groundwork is all there, it's just up to Bungie to do it. They could make it so you can link accounts and carry characters and progression over, they could make it a play anywhere title, or they could make it cross platform compatible. Any way they do it, do something.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Crossplay with PC would be suicide.

TBH this game will need separate balance tweaks to work at all on PC (a la Overwatch) and I don't think Bungie has that in them. They can barely balance a shooter on console.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Plus Activision doesn't have a great track record with FPS's on PC.

No chance their is crossplay though.

I'd be more concerned with Bungie having very little experience making PC games. Activision doesn't make the game.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I'd be more concerned with Bungie having very little experience making PC games. Activision doesn't make the game.

Well yea they don't make CoD games either, and it's terribly ported and cared for on PC. Activision probably tells the companies to put all their assets into consoles, and spare change into the PC port.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I'd bet money that it's not the final box art.

I'd bet good money it is.

And I doubt they'll do cross play. Especially between playstation and the others due to the ps exclusives.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
highly enjoyed Destiny. probably my favorite console modern FPS/PVP just behind BF4 and MW2/BLOPS.
This will definitely be on the radar for Manitoba winter hibernation season lol

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd bet good money it is.

And I doubt they'll do cross play. Especially between playstation and the others due to the ps exclusives.

That's fine and I understand that, it makes sense, but between Xbox and PC, all the tools necessary are already there to do some sort of compatibility thing between them, it's just a matter of Bungie wanting to.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Would be a good way to make nobody want to play the Xbox version of the game.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
PVP would obviously have to the excluded, but I don't see why cross play in PVE would be a big deal.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I hope theres an actual story mode campaign for d2, also hope the dlc is not just same areas just backwards.. doubt it tho since its bungie/activ

so will the pc players also have to wait for ps exclusives like xbox?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What I want fixed for Destiny 2:

*Full sized game on release, not paywalled behind DLC
*Lore content put in game, as opposed to in a separate app
*Party making/social system put in game, as opposed to in a separate app
*Meaningful PvP Ladder System
*More open world content, as opposed to constantly re-running the same missions
*Less emphasis on daily/weekly grinding and timed releases

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
a few things I'd like:

-it should remain possible to reach max light/level/power/whatever for the solo player through a healthy variety of activities. there are a lot of players who aren't really able to raid due to schedule or whatever reason. making sure people could do this, and therefore be of competitive power level if for example a raid opportunity did arise, was an important change.

-I'd like patrol to be meaningful, and interesting to do. that means more than just a tiny little cell of a map at a time with two small mobs on it. every client for this game will now have at least 8 gigs of memory, I'm expecting the second game will be making use of it. the public events were a decent idea, flesh those out some more and also have things like the fallen bike rider patrols and maybe Randal the Vandal type rare spawns that take multiple guardians to defeat. There should be lots to do on the planetary areas including separate interior areas within the zones of course.

-longer term objectives that make simply logging on and playing the game worthwhile in terms of progressing your character/gear

-expansion of the POE/AF concept. horde mode is pretty fun. we need greater variety in modes, maps, enemies and maybe sets of exclusive gear.

-matchmaking on nightfall because why not, exactly? not counting unfortunate burn/enemy combinations, the heroic playlist tends to be too easy. I'd rather play a nightfall playlist of some kind

-stop making changes that affect PvE which are made for entirely PvP reasons.

-I would like to see other game modes besides strike and raid. what about a 6 man patrol mode? what about a type of set mission that is longer than a strike, but shorter than a raid? If your typical strike is, to use pretend numbers, 20 minutes and your typical raid is say 2-3 hours, what about a mission that should take about an hour or so to complete?

-really wish the weapon switching could be overhauled. I'd like to be able to switch weapons of the same type much more quickly.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Those are all good changes I'd like for sure.

The PvE changes that also effect PvP and vice versa is a big one; it's a terrible design decision and should never be done again but Bungie seems pretty stubborn when it comes to listening to the community so we'll see...

Yea from some rumours/leaks awhile ago there is supposed to be a lot bigger playable zones which are way more fleshed out with NPCs/social hubs and quest givers all over (MMO like); they also need to make factions well factions and not just 'equip a trinket and now you earn xp for us, then you can buy our weapons'.

Something like PoE/AF should be in the game from the start, and not leave it to a big part of a expansion. Just more things to do in general that make it worthwhile to log-in everyday, and not just doing a different story mission everyday for Marks. Needs to be less grindy in general, and not have 25 different currencies.

Lastly dedicated servers should be in, after how awful the PvP ran every other game (bit of an exaggeration) for 3 years. No excuses here, but I'm fully expecting one. (Also I wouldn't be mad if they ditched Deej, not a fan of him).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
a few things I'd like:

-it should remain possible to reach max light/level/power/whatever for the solo player through a healthy variety of activities. there are a lot of players who aren't really able to raid due to schedule or whatever reason. making sure people could do this, and therefore be of competitive power level if for example a raid opportunity did arise, was an important change.

This never will, and never should happen.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

My guy.

Agree with Volcanologist and contrary to AKL's elitist opinion, I agree that you should be able to get high levelled as a solo player. Forcing you to go meet random strangers because your buddies don't play is the worst way to alienate gamers.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I don't care too much about the PvP ladder, but other than that this is essential in my mind.

I gave Destiny a lot of flak at launch, but the potential was always there and the gun play was a lot of fun. I'm hoping for the best with Destiny 2.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My guy.

Agree with Volcanologist and contrary to AKL's elitist opinion, I agree that you should be able to get high levelled as a solo player. Forcing you to go meet random strangers because your buddies don't play is the worst way to alienate gamers.

It's not elitist. You should not be able to max your light level without doing the hardest content. Same in any RPG. The best gear drops from the hardest bosses. Otherwise why would anyone do raids? I say this as a person who did minimal raiding in Destiny the first three years and doesn't raid in WoW and I'm OK with not having the best gear because I didn't earn it.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Have 60Hz server tickrates for multiplayer and have something to make me keep coming back to, solo or with friends. Those are the two big things for me.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
It's not elitist. You should not be able to max your light level without doing the hardest content. Same in any RPG. The best gear drops from the hardest bosses. Otherwise why would anyone do raids? I say this as a person who did minimal raiding in Destiny the first three years and doesn't raid in WoW and I'm OK with not having the best gear because I didn't earn it.

"Best gear" and max light level (or whatever leveling system D2 puts in place) do not have to be mutually exclusive. There should be multiple paths to hit max level and be able to participate in any end game activities, whether it be solo grind, PVP, or PVE raiding. The rewards from doing the raids are the specific loot you get from the encounters, as well as the experience of just completing it.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

I should absolutely be able to get the best gear through PvP. I don't even care if they make it super hard but if somebody is shredding the Crucible or whatever other PvP events they should be getting the best gear, especially since most people just cheese the raids for gear anyway. I don't see how glitching a raid over and over again equals "earning" it more than someone who is dominating PvP play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad