Deslauriers (Q vs Russia) starting tonight or in RIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
O.T. said:
why is that a joke? :dunno:

Please expand.

Deslauriers did not deserve a spot on that team, let alone be the starter in game 1. He's been over rated even since he started in the Q because of his size.

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
RyanM said:
Deslauriers did not deserve a spot on that team, let alone be the starter in game 1. He's been over rated even since he started in the Q because of his size.

Actually I watch him every chance I get, and he looks to me like he could be a very good future #1 goalie in the NHL. Just because he does'nt have great stats means nothing, you can not go by stats in junior hockey for goaltenders, as there will always be teams that are above the rest (which makes the stats look very good), and teams that are horrible (makes the stats for the goalies look much worse than the goalie deserves). And Deslauriers definatley is in the second grouping there. And don't go telling me to look at Vincent's stats and compare them to Deslauriers, because Vincent built those stats up at the begining of the season, and recently Deslauriers has had better results than him.

Trust me, unless Fleury gets sent down by the Pens, Deslauriers will put in a solid fight to make team Canada, and trust me he is worthy of this opportunity. If you don't trust me, wait till you see him on Canada if he makes it, a good defensive team. I am positive that he will shine, and prove that he is one of the elite goaltending prospects in the National Hockey League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad