Dermott vs Mete

Dermott vs Mete

• Dermott

• Mete

Results are only viewable after voting.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Why is not a 3 way vote with Girard aswell? Man that kid is a gem, good work by Preds to draft him, and by Sakic to get him early

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
I dunno, it's still so early in their careers that it's hard to call it either way and I like both players a lot. I slightly lean towards Mete because he's 2 years younger and teenage NHL defensemen are so incredibly rare.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Strange poll. The difference in expectations and experience between U22 and U20 players is huge.
Should be Dermott vs. Sanheim vs. Dunn and Mete vs. Girard vs. Sergachev.

That said I honestly don't know who I would choose moving forward. I was bullish on Mete pre draft (wanted him in the 2nd) as the next Spurgeon (solid 2 way 2/3 D, rock defensively good for 3 points). Dermott doesn't quite have Mete's skating but is no slouch, and has the same great stick and reads while being an absolute truck

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
voted Dermott mostly because I wanted to see the results.

Seems like these guys are pretty similar level players. If I had a gun to my head I might take Dermott because of size, his 6'0" 215lbs probably lets him be used in some scenarios that Mete's 5'9" 185lbs doesn't. Still both guys you'd like to have for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad