Speculation: Dermott staying up?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
After the break...if Rielly returns and Zaitsev close does Dermott stay up?

My vote is heck yes. To me he is out performing Borgman, polak and Carrick. Gardiner looks good with ron..proof we need one more hainsey style D at deadline. While we wait for doughty July 1st

Thoughts

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Yes. He should. No reason he should go back down. He adds speed and good defensive play. Running the current core but with Zaitsev and Dermott would help us exponentially.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The days before he was called up I was arguing that he should stay down. Put me down as a full believer now, he should stay with the big club. He's been excellent.

Reactions: FADYB and Keon1963

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Tbh depends what we do between tomorrow and feb 26th. I have a feeling this last 3 weeks has been Lou and Shannys final assess period. Thats why the random Goat Dermott callup...and why Goat went down Kasper up. Turns out we need Dermott now and hes thriving. Put him with a hainsey and perfecto.

I think thats what we need at deadline. A vet with leadership yet game. We go all in for doughty in july..if we miss then worry about top 4 rhd

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

My vote is heck yes. To me he is out performing Borgman, polak and Carrick. Gardiner looks good with ron..proof we need one more hainsey style D at deadline. While we wait for doughty July 1st

Thoughts

23b77x.jpg

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's SO good.

Just a crazy good stick, always in the way, and is even able to carry Polak.. which Borgman can't do. The only time he should ever play for the Marlies again is if the Leafs get eliminated from the playoffs and the Marlies are still in.

Reactions: weems

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Thoughts

Based on his play he definetely should but based on his vet attitude you never know with Babs.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
He has done well these 6 games, but he has proven nothing. Young defensemen can get exposed after 12-15 games. Young dmen will often look good in the first 5-10 games, but is it sustainable this year? Unlikely. He is going to be a good player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent back down when they get back.

Hymanbrah

Goin' In
Apr 8, 2007
He should stay up, but I'm not sure if he's leveled up his Good Pro skill enough yet. Might have to earn some more XP with the Marlies.

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
Dermott has been solid every game. Our Top 5 defencemen are

Rielly
Hainsey
Zaitsev
Gardner
Dermott

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad