Player Discussion Derick Brassard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Was officially introduced to the media today.

proxy.jpg

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So Dorion is looking to add a depth Defenseman who has NHL experience before the season starts.

I cannot disagree with that hope as I think the 3rd pairing is still weak.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
So Dorion is looking to add a depth Defenseman who has NHL experience before the season starts.

I cannot disagree with that hope as I think the 3rd pairing is still weak.

I think we all agree the third pairing needs to be upgraded.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
19 became the new 9, a lot of pressure taking that number. Im really looking forward to watching the hf poll numbers fluctuate over our #1C and top line this year.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Agreed, my bet is that he becomes a fan favourite before the 1st half of the season is done.

I think you're right. Rangers fans loved him. I think he plays with a lot of passion, and you can never have too many guys like that. I'm sad to lose Zibby, but I didn't see a lot of passion with him to be honest, and maybe that's something that is either there or it's not. not to mention that Brassard is the better player right now.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He fits with Ryan like a Glove. That's all I care about right now.

He's a Turris level, play-making center. That is literally EXACTLY what we need with Ryan. 1st/2nd, I think we will have 2 top level lines (Whichever duo gets Hoffman will be the top line)

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
You can tell from that interview that this guy likes big games, and lots of pressure. He's excited to have his family and friends watching, and is going to use it to make him push even harder. I definitely feel like he could have a career year next year.

What a great first move by Dorion. Brassard and Phaneuf add so much confidence to a team that needed it so badly.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Still to bitter to like him. Hopefully when the season starts things change. At least I can admit i have a bias tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad