Value of: Derek Ryan

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Any buying teams in need of some center depth for the playoffs?

UFA at the end of the year, strong analytics, seems to be able to fix just about any line he gets put on and get them heading in the right direction. 60% CF this season.

Not having a good year production wise but nobody on the Flames is. If there were ever a year to retain some salary to maximize a return this would be it, so hopefully Flames ownership is open to it. 3rd or 4th rounder would be ideal. Good candidate to be exposed in the ED as well.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Would like him on the Oilers. Best we can offer is a 4th this year, plus would need to send salary the other way.

4th + Chiasson for Ryan (1mil retained)

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
He would be the exact type of player I would look to add if I were the GM of a contending team. Can play anywhere in a pinch, but is a very good 3/4C

He and Rittich are the most valuable UFA’s from Calgary without a doubt.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Not sure how he doesn't get moved. Retain 50% and any team that gets him is instantly better.

moegillknee

Jul 30, 2016
I think Flames should resign Ryan.
But Giordano and Gaudreau i would shop now or after the season is over. Would retain salary on both if the return was sufficient.
Calgary needs to retool .

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Flames should resign Ryan.
But Giordano and Gaudreau i would shop now or after the season is over. Would retain salary on both if the return was sufficient.
Calgary needs to retool .

It’s doubtful he’s back. He was waived to start to the year as well. The Flames have other options, like Bennett they could just play.

Reactions: Boomstick

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I know the Flames hate 2nd and 3rd round picks but they should try and get a 3rd for Ryan. Who knows? A change might work for the Flames.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Rather keep him and let him walk for nothing than retain, take on a cap dump and help the Oilers for a lousy 4th.

I’ll “remind” you ... not sure if you are aware :sarcasm: ... Johnny Hockey was a 4th round pick... and with the Oilers luck the Flames would turn our (NHL gifted) 3rd and 4th round picks into Brad Marchand and Johnny Gaudreau.

Reactions: FameFlame069

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I’ll “remind” you ... not sure if you are aware :sarcasm: ... Johnny Hockey was a 4th round pick... and with the Oilers luck the Flames would turn our (NHL gifted) 3rd and 4th round picks into Brad Marchand and Johnny Gaudreau.

Yeah probably would happen, Neal's 3rd will be the next Marchand, you heard it here first Zar,!

Reactions: zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad