Derek Ryan spears Nils Hoglander in the nuts, how is this not a 5 minute major penalty for attempt to injure?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Don’t like that at all. Feels like it specifically should be suspendable. Doubt me if you want but if Hogs was the spearer, I’d feel the same. At least worthy of a call from the league. Absolutely no ambiguity on that one.

Ya, tired of nutshots, just not a good look for the league. It’s fine with the same cavemen who have always been cool with dirty bullshit, but it’s just kinda amateur.

Also, if a player gets groined I don’t blame ‘em for anything they do the opponent from that point on. Good on NHLers for not retaliating, because once the stick is used as a weapon I wouldn’t blame a guy for going Clarke on Kharlamov.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
If anybody who has never watched hockey before needs more examples:

You don't even have to watch more than the first one too so your ADHD doesn't have to spiral out of control.

Reactions: Dicdonya

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
They both got penalized anyways. And they should have. So Nucks fans are crying about a penalty that DID happen.
See the problem is one could have been 5 and a game.

They also weren’t going to call Hoglander until after Ryan was a little bitch. So basically Ryan got a free cup check.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

They also weren’t going to call Hoglander until after Ryan was a little bitch. So basically Ryan got a free cup check.
For that little love tap? Nope. Not how this League works.

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston

Saying someone was a "little bitch" only tells everyone else reading your post that you shouldn't be taken seriously. Most people learn that it's stupid to do in middle school.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
When has spears in the nuts become a non issue?

The play before is irrelevant when it comes to the penalty for Ryan. Its a 5 on Ryan and a 2 on Hoglander.

Any other call is a mockery of the game and the actual rules the refs are supposed to rule by!
Why a non issue? I can cut out a clip of a Nuck charging Nurse with a solid 2 hand crosscheck right after Nurse boarded Petterson. That should have been xcheck + attempt to injure penalties.. the 'non issue' that lead to this nut shot was called for a penalty so it was obviously a factor

Reactions: McClelland

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Saying someone was a "little bitch" only tells everyone else reading your post that you shouldn't be taken seriously. Most people learn that it's stupid to do in middle school.
Most people learn in elementary school not to hit another male in the groin … yet here we’re.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Why a non issue? I can cut out a clip of a Nuck charging Nurse with a solid 2 hand crosscheck right after Nurse boarded Petterson. That should have been xcheck + attempt to injure penalties.. the 'non issue' that lead to this nut shot was called for a penalty so it was obviously a factor
It was called a penalty after the fact, it was only called so they could take both players.

Last edited by a moderator:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Since it's the 54th anniversary of Derek Sanderson's pass to set up Number 4's iconic goal.

The Turk!---beautiful temperament of that guy. Told a guy to meet him in the parking lot one time.

It's hockey baby!!
Given how some of these moments play out I’m surprised it never carries over to genuine off ice violence.

Reactions: Mike C

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
I’m so glad Canucks are relevant again, I missed there being 3 whining threads on the mains after they lose.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
it should've been two minutes for highsticking. hit him right in the head!

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Hope Sutherland don’t ref another game. He got something against Vancouver if I remember. Nurse boarding on Pettersson, McDavid high stick Hughes, Kane slewfoot Hughes, Hyman cheap shot on Hughes when puck no where near. Bouchard hit Pettersson when puck was no where near. These were just a few

Reactions: crazychimp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad