Derek Roy's Future Impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelerman

Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
I was able to see Roy play a couple of games against Manitoba earlier this month (before he got called up) and I really liked what he was doing. He showed a lot more offensive skill than what I was anticipating (scored two goals, both high-quality). I always liked his work ethic and his energy (he, Paille and Tootoo were quite the line at last year's WJC). He did make one error in his own end (flipped the puck up the middle instead of off the glass in OT) that cost Rochester the Friday game, but that can be corrected with experience.

I believe Lord Stanley is correct in forecasting a 2nd line job and about 50 points and 20-25 goals. I think the Sabres would be satisfied with him as a third liner and 35-40 points too, but it appears he's capable of doing more if given some decent line-mates.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
I think I'm a bit more Optimistic for Roy, I would say he has 60-70 point potential ..if all goes well and he has great linemates and plays in key situations perhaps higher :yo:

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Steelerman said:
always liked his work ethic and his energy (he, Paille and Tootoo were quite the line at last year's WJC)..

He didn't play on that line.

Regarding the original question of this thread, I see Roy as being capable of the 50-60 point mark as a second liner, but I wouldn't write first liner abilities off with him. He's got the grit, desire, quickness and creativity to generate offense and make things happen. Regardless of what line he plays, he'll be a top six forward who's versatile and can generate offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad