Derek Roy or Alexei Kaigorodov

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Derek Roy

he got 9 points in just two games in the p offs (Game 6 against Philly and Game 1 against Ottawa)

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Its impossible to even guess because you are comparing a prospect to an established NHLer. Kaigorodov has the potential to be as good as Roy, or even better since potential is always limitless, but how likely is it he will live up to or exceed that potential? I give it 50-50. Salary not an issue, I would take Roy.

The Fuhr*

Impossible to say given that Kaigorodov has never played a game in the NHL

Very true but Roy looked so damn impressive last year especially in the playoffs even if Roy and Kaigs produce the same numbers I think the leadership skills Roy posseses will make him the better preformer over the next 5 years because he will meen more to his team..

The Fuhr*

I've never even seen Kaigorodov play, have you?

I seen him in the Spangler cup when there was the lockout and he dominated. He was tournament MVP and Thornton was part of that tournement among many other NHLers. Kaigs is a talented player but he has to adjust to the NA game and Roy has done that and he was awesome in the playoffs so I would take him over Kaigs but Kaigs could come over and put up 60 points. He has Datsyuk/Larionov esque vision.

mattlef

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto, ON
www.youtube.com
you should

this would be better

Roy vs Vermette which Roy would win

With a statement like that, proves to me that you are someone who obviously dislikes the senators.

to say that Roy at this point is better, is like saying Alexandre Daigle is better then Gaborik. Its that far off. When you consider ALL factors that make a speedy offensive player who they are, Vermette takes the crown easily. Vermette has Roy beat when it comes to Heart, because I dont think I've ever seen Vermette dive, ever, and this is after watching every single game for the past two years.
Here is each players stat tally for the past year:

Vermette: (Played 2nd and 4th line duty, with PK minutes)
GP: 82
G: 21
A: 12
PTS: 33
+/-: +17

Roy: (2nd Line duty with PP and some PK minutes)
GP: 70
G: 18
A: 28
PTS: 46
+/-: +1

As for Offensive prowess, Roy obviously has Vermette beat, due to the amount of assists. and this is not to put Roy down. He has impressive numbers for a Sophomore. Granted, Vermette put up more goals, with 21, and a better +/-, but stats are stats, and Roy put up more. Yet the biggest tell tale sign in my oppinion is Shot Percentage, with Roys being at 11.92% whereas Vermettes at 17.07%.

IMO Vermette is a better player at this point, overall.

The Fuhr*

With a statement like that, proves to me that you are someone who obviously dislikes the senators.

to say that Roy at this point is better, is like saying Alexandre Daigle is better then Gaborik. Its that far off. When you consider ALL factors that make a speedy offensive player who they are, Vermette takes the crown easily. Vermette has Roy beat when it comes to Heart, because I dont think I've ever seen Vermette dive, ever, and this is after watching every single game for the past two years.
Here is each players stat tally for the past year:

Vermette: (Played 2nd and 4th line duty, with PK minutes)
GP: 82
G: 21
A: 12
PTS: 33
+/-: +17

Roy: (2nd Line duty with PP and some PK minutes)
GP: 70
G: 18
A: 28
PTS: 46
+/-: +1

As for Offensive prowess, Roy obviously has Vermette beat, due to the amount of assists. and this is not to put Roy down. He has impressive numbers for a Sophomore. Granted, Vermette put up more goals, with 21, and a better +/-, but stats are stats, and Roy put up more. Yet the biggest tell tale sign in my oppinion is Shot Percentage, with Roys being at 11.92% whereas Vermettes at 17.07%.

I disagree I like Vermette as much as anyone but Roy did have 15 points in 18 playoff games. Thats damn impressive for a rookie.

TVanek26*

He really proved it in the playoffs:sarcasm: .So Derek Roy, who is one of the key contributors to the #2 PK in the league (If Sens fans forget, he was with Pominville on the PK in game 5), who played 12 less games then Vermette, scored 13 more points yet Vermette is better?That totally makes sense, with Roy being a 2-way player with great leadership skills.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Physical play - Roy
Offense - Kaig
Defense - Toss-up
Leadership - Probably Roy...Kaigs won't be as comfortable in this role
Diving - Roy, hands down

Kaigorodov's ceiling is higher imo, because to put up the numbers he did in Russia at his age is quite remarkable and his skill set is great. He was almost the leading scorer in the russian league (came third I believe?). Having seen him play a few times before it will really just depend on whether or not he can adjust. If he does, sky's the limit and this comparison will be much different. However I fear he'll have trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad