Player Discussion Derek Grant Appreciation Thread

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He is the 4th line equivavlent of a Toni Lydman signing.
Would love to resign him but it depends if he will feel like testing free agency

I am ok to give him 900k, maybe even up to 1M.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Give him a two year deal, ink him in as 4th line center. What I really like about Grant is he centered lines higher in the pecking order and they didn't really fall off that much.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
hopefully 2 years, 950k average. He's had a good season, but hopefully he appreciates the opportunity given here. He's 27 and prior to this, he's only played more than 40 games in 1 season.

Reactions: Elvs

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I wish he'd realize what Anaheim has done for him.. and stay. But I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere for more money - he's a journeyman, he needs to strike while the iron is hot.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
A

A 27 year old who's been bouncing around forever, he'd be crazy not to take the longest term offer he gets.
Yeah, NHL players don't have long careers. You get 1, maybe 2 (if you're lucky) chances to cash out on a deal that's longer than a year.

If he can get some team to give him a 2 year, $1M AAV contract, he should take it

Also, with the tax situation being what it is in California, no one could blame a fringe player for not staying here.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
A

A 27 year old who's been bouncing around forever, he'd be crazy not to take the longest term offer he gets.

It would be a shame if BM lets him get away. If he can find $$ for guys like Kelly, Holzer, Rasmussen, etc. he should be able to find a little for Grant.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
This is reminding me of the Lovejoy situation. Rev shopped for a better deal but apparently nobody offered more than Bob who gave him 3 years at 1.1 AAV I think. There's a good chance if Bob thinks Grant can help he will give him a multi year offer.

Reactions: Duck Off

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
1m per season and 3y is what I would give him. Nate Thompson was way more expensive. Overall I would not mind having him on the 4th line for some time. He is a positive surprise this year, has size, is solid in the own end and is gritty. We should keep those kind of players.

He could also be a good player for young ones to work with.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
You'd hope other teams haven't noticed him. The fact that he's been scratched numerous times might help scare other bidders off.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Who'd ever thought we'd see this guy at the top of the depth chart?

hdtojp0.png

hdtojp0

Last edited:
Reactions: Arthuros

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Yeah he was a 60-70 point centre who was one of the better defensive forwards in the league. Pretty odd comparison.

I’m thinking stylistically, solid defensively, not very fast, good on faceoffs, not consistently physical, late bloomer.

Grant also never got to play with two 40 goal scorers in Selanne and Kariya. That normally helps getting points.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I’m thinking stylistically, solid defensively, not very fast, good on faceoffs, not consistently physical, late bloomer.

Grant also never got to play with two 40 goal scorers in Selanne and Kariya. That normally helps getting points.

Rucchin also played a very defensive role on that line so any additional points he accumulated from being their linemate were probably washed out from him always having to play with a defensive mindset.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Do you really need to bump every player thread?

Grant scoring a strange goal. Fowler setting a Ducks defenseman record for goals scored. Mahura tying a Ducks defenseman rookie record for points and assists in a single game. Getzlaf scoring goals like he hasn't in a long time.

I'm sorry not sorry that my posting these things that makes me happy and should make all Ducks fans happy is something that causes annoyance to get this kind of response. I just don't understand people whining like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad