Depth of 2004 draft crop

Status
Not open for further replies.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I remember that everyone said that the 2002 (Nash) Draft crop was one of the weakest of all- time in terms of depth. Then the 2003 (Fleury) Draft crop was one of the richest in history where good future NHL players were still plentiful in the 2nd round.

Can anyone tell me how the 2004 is looking? I know the Ovechkins, Barkers, Montoyas, Olesz and company look good... but how do the later part of the 1st round and 2nd round fair???

Last edited:

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Everyone has a different opinion as far as how the depth goes in this year's draft.

Teams are becoming better and better at getting those late round steals. Every summer I see a rising number of 6-8 rounders being signed to deals.

But as of now I think last year's depth was definitely better than this years.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
From what I have heard the top end talent is supposed to be superior (Ovechkin, Olesz, Malkin and co), whereas the depth is less than 2003. Last year it wasn't so much that the players who were chosen with the first few picks were exceptionally special, but more so the depth after the top 10...

That said, projections are just that... Some supposedly weak drafts turned out to be pretty good after all, whereas for the 2003 draft it appears to be strong but hasn't been proven on the ice yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->