Depth Chart Denmark 2016/16 Final result

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
So finally had some time to finish this off. Overall it looks like we have a strong roster compared to just a few years ago and the future looks even more eluminating.

Some of you have put different players on their offwings and it is quite possible that this will be the case, as we seem to have more players shooting left than right also in the high end category.

Thanks to all that participated in this little game. It will be exciting to see if all players will participate in the olympic qualification and if so how accurate we will be.

The results are as follows:

Depth chart Denmark 2015/16

Goalies

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm
Patrick Galbraith
George Sørensen
Thomas Lillie
Simon Nielsen

Left defense

Jesper B. Jensen
Oliver Lauridsen
Stefan Lassen
Markus Lauridsen
Matias Lassen

Right Defense

Philip Larsen
Daniel Nielsen
Emil Kristensen
Philip Bruggisser
Simon Grønvaldt

Left Wing

Mikkel Bødker
Nikolaj Ehlers
Patrick Bjorkstrand
Niklas Hardt
Mads Christensen

Center

Frans Nielsen
Peter Regin
Lars Eller
Julian Jacobsen
Jesper Jensen

Right Wing

Jannik Hansen
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Niklas Jensen
Thomas Spelling
Patrcik Russell

Sorry about the layout. Looks absolutely horrible, but I have no idea how to insert a spreadsheet here.

And happy new year all and lets hope for a good result in august.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Thanks for the effort Bagge.
As the final standings turn out I don't really have any objections to our mutual results!

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
This is very impressive, the progress is mind boggling. If you guys could get all the players into the same team, it could be a very strong team. Defense still lacks depth, but in the forwards department it's looking great, with top quality in line's 1-3. Even depth is starting to look pretty good! There's enough depth to have quality guys like Hardt or Nik Jensen in the 4th line. Btw I noticed that Frederik Storm is having a solid season in SHL, he's not considered?

Personally I would much much rather look at this team in the World Cup than "Rest of Europe" or NA U23.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
. Btw I noticed that Frederik Storm is having a solid season in SHL, he's not considered?

As a left wing he's up against strong contenders. Personally I would place him ahead of Mads Christensen - or he will be in the coming years.

Thanks for the friendly words on our team and players:)

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Let's just hope we get a team resembling this for the Olympic qualifiers. If we do, it would be a huge disappointment if we don't qualify.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
This is very impressive, the progress is mind boggling. If you guys could get all the players into the same team, it could be a very strong team. Defense still lacks depth, but in the forwards department it's looking great, with top quality in line's 1-3. Even depth is starting to look pretty good! There's enough depth to have quality guys like Hardt or Nik Jensen in the 4th line. Btw I noticed that Frederik Storm is having a solid season in SHL, he's not considered?

Personally I would much much rather look at this team in the World Cup than "Rest of Europe" or NA U23.

The final Olympic qualification tournaments will be played in early September so you can indeed watch Team Denmark play actually meaningful games instead of the NHL's cash grab gimmicky tournament. I will certainly watch the qualifiers and root for the Danes, not wasting a second on the pathetic "World Cup".

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
There would be some position changing too, so many the roster even better. It really is a strong team, with a completely insane amount of speed. I mean, just having Bødker and Ehlers on the same team gives us two of the fastest players in the NHL, but the rest of the forwards have plenty of speed too.
This roster would allow us to give plenty of ice time to all four lines without fear

The final Olympic qualification tournaments will be played in early September so you can indeed watch Team Denmark play actually meaningful games instead of the NHL's cash grab gimmicky tournament. I will certainly watch the qualifiers and root for the Danes, not wasting a second on the pathetic "World Cup".

I doubt that the NHL will allow our players to participate in the qualifying, exactly because that "tournament":(

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
There would be some position changing too, so many the roster even better. It really is a strong team, with a completely insane amount of speed. I mean, just having Bødker and Ehlers on the same team gives us two of the fastest players in the NHL, but the rest of the forwards have plenty of speed too.
This roster would allow us to give plenty of ice time to all four lines without fear

I doubt that the NHL will allow our players to participate in the qualifying, exactly because that "tournament":(

As I understand it, the NHL has agreed to let the players play the qualification. I'll try to find a source when I get home from holiday

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
As I understand it, the NHL has agreed to let the players play the qualification. I'll try to find a source when I get home from holiday

I saw something similar but as I remember, it was not exactly clear, and im afraid the teams might say no since the same players would also play at the world cup of hockey from the 17th of September.

I want to see it with my own eyes before i believe it...hehe im very sceptical of the NHL when it comes to this topic.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Just out of curiosity... why are we listing Patrick Bjørkstrand as a left wing? Looking at the boxscore he's noted as a right wing and I remember him as such. I would look much better with him bumping out Patrick Russell for Frederik Storm :D

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Just out of curiosity... why are we listing Patrick Bjørkstrand as a left wing? Looking at the boxscore he's noted as a right wing and I remember him as such. I would look much better with him bumping out Patrick Russell for Frederik Storm :D

Because we secrectly want a Bjorkstrand brothers line? :P

I just went off the others to be frank. Many wings could play either side for the national team anyway.
But have to agree to Storm over a player like Russell.
There might even be arguments of Poulsen or Madsen over Spelling too...although less clear.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Because we secrectly want a Bjorkstrand brothers line? :P

I just went off the others to be frank. Many wings could play either side for the national team anyway.
But have to agree to Storm over a player like Russell.
There might even be arguments of Poulsen or Madsen over Spelling too...although less clear.

There's no way Madsen is not on a NT if all players are available. He has developed into possibly our best 3rd or 4th line player.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
There's no way Madsen is not on a NT if all players are available. He has developed into possibly our best 3rd or 4th line player.

I agree, and that is the case with a lot of the players and their position. The idea was merely to establish a conscensus and learn from that and then maybe do this once every year. But we need some groundrules to do that otherwise a player like Mikkel Bødker will get votes on both RW and LW side and so will a lot of other players since they are playing their off wing at the moment. So how will you decide which side he is playing?

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
I agree, and that is the case with a lot of the players and their position. The idea was merely to establish a conscensus and learn from that and then maybe do this once every year. But we need some groundrules to do that otherwise a player like Mikkel Bødker will get votes on both RW and LW side and so will a lot of other players since they are playing their off wing at the moment. So how will you decide which side he is playing?

I don't really have a problem with the process, just putting my finger on what can be the downside with this option as opposed to trying to assemble the best possible NT.

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
While waiting for a more certain roster for this years WC and the Olympic qualification. I think it is time for some thoughts about this current status of the Danish depth charts. And how this list make me feel about the future. ( I looked at the age about a month ago, so a few of the players might be a bit older than I write here)

Goalies:
Frederik Andersen 26
Sebastian Dahm 28
Patrick Galbraith 29
George Sørensen 20
Thomas Lillie 19
Simon Nielsen 29
Sure it is so much better when we have F. Andersen ready, so it would have been nice with a little bit more competition for the no. 1 spot. But last years performance at the WC and the U20 was better than I had hoped for, so it might not be that bad after all. Concerning age it seems quite nice, with 2 very young goalies. So the near future shouldn't be any worse than the present.

Defense:
left
Jesper B. Jensen 24
Oliver Lauridsen 26
Stefan Lassen 30
Markus Lauridsen 24
Matias Lassen 19
right
Philip Larsen 26
Daniel Nielsen 35
Emil Kristensen 23
Philip Bruggisser 24
Simon Grønvaldt 25
The bad: more quality and size would be much appreciated. Defenders are clearly not the thing Denmark produces the most of.
The bright side: apart from two older players in Stefan Lassen and Daniel Nielsen the rest of the current depth charts are young and are more likely to be get a bit better in the next few years than starting to decline, and with U18 and U20 team playing in the top division, they are likely to have competition from even younger players in the next years. it is also an advantage that those defenders that we have ( unless Philip Larsen returns to NHL) are playing in Europe, so they should all be ready for WC's and most of the training matches (and practice together should be an advantage). So although the defense isn't amazing it should keep its level for the near future.

Wings:
left
Mikkel Bødker 26
Nikolaj Ehlers 20
Patrick Bjorkstrand 23
Niklas Hardt 27
Mads Christensen 28
right
Jannik Hansen 29
Oliver Bjorkstrand 20
Niklas Jensen 22
Thomas Spelling 23
Patrcik Russell 23
The bad: mainly that we might be missing some of the best at WC's due to contracts not ready or NHL play-offs. And a highly skilled winger that also have a bit more size would also be nice, but we cannot have it all
Compared with the countries at our level this is one of our clear strengths, and even the oldest one in this list Jannik Hansen isn't as old as I thought :) also plenty of depth on the left wing in the voting. So when we have the players available this will remain a strong position for years to come as well.

Center:
Frans Nielsen 31
Peter Regin 29
Lars Eller 26
Julian Jacobsen 28
Jesper Jensen 29
The bad: we will often be missing 2 of the clear top 3 centers due to NHL (and this WC also Peter Regin to injury). Also at least here age is a little bit of a concern, The young Lars Eller would at both Wing and Defense be one of the more experienced, So this is the position where I am most worried about age making the players a bit worse in the near future without certain improvements from the youth to make up for it. I admit that if the quality of the top 3 at all other positions was as strong as it is at center we would be a scary team, so the likely step back in top strength at center will be from a very impressive level compared with the countries we normally compare us to.
How the Danish team will be with all 3 of the top centers at the same time make me very optimistic. So if we can have them all 3 ready for the olympic qualification, it should help the rest of the team a great deal. And should we have just two of them at a WC I can only imagine that we could up-set a few teams.
Although the center positions currently is the strongest (a case can also be made for left wing) I am a little bit worried about the future

I really hope that we will see most of these players when we try to qualify for the Olympic in september

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I can't wait for the Olympic Q. We have had all these very good players for some time now and we have never seen what they can do together. That was even before Ehlers and O. Bjorkstrand. It would be so fun to get to the Olympics.

There will be no player who will not play if they are not injured, hopefully. If they turn an invitation down for no apparent reason, they should never be invited again. No matter who it is. Olympics will be one of the highlights in their carreers if they qualify. So I think we will see the best Danish team we have ever seen - with quite a big margin.

NHL will not refuse any player to participate in Olympic Q. I find that hard to imagine. Otherwise they will get players to the World Cup with a lot of anger and no motivation.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Danish hockey really progressed a lot. But that said - 10 years from now the situation could be very different.

I think OG 2018 is the "last" chance to see a Danish team that could really compete with the best.

The next 4 WC could also be very fun to watch, and especially 18 in Denmark I think we will have a very strong team.

After that our C's are getting old. And it doesn't seem like we have replacements, but hey - maybe a new Frans Nielsen will suddenly emerge :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->