Dennis "I'm Not Booked" Stamp has passed away

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/dennis-stamp-passes-away-after-battling-cancer-231736

Dennis Stamp, best known to modern fans for his role in the movie "Beyond the Mat," passed away today at the age of 68.

Stamp had been suffering from cancer.

Stamp was an amateur wrestling star in both high school and college in Minnesota and broke in under Verne Gagne and was named the 1971 AWA Rookie of the Year.

He worked a number of territories through the 70s, and was best known in West Texas, where the promotion favored legitimate wrestlers. He also had a good run in California. His full-time career ended with the death of the Amarillo territory, but he worked through the 80s as an enhancement talent on both WWF and AWA television shows.

By the way, in this clip, the guy he doesn't name who's wrestling Dory Funk that he could have a better match than is Rob Van Dam.

BDvQwvnCQAAs7aP.jpg:large

Last edited:

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
He actually wrestled his first match in 26 years last month.

I'll see if I can find the tweet.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
"I see these old guys in the locker room and it's just like old dogs hoping for someone to recognize them"

Hey! He described 2017's main event scene 20 years early!

Rip. I was always struck by the awkwardness of his scene in the movie. Somehow he managed to out do Jake the Snake chopping wood with his abusive father.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad