Dennis Grebeshkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
This is a defenceman that has all the potential in the world. He's sound positionally, isn't afraid to use his under-sized body, and has incredible skills. Hell, tsn.ca even says that he could contend for the Norris someday.

BUt how far away from the NHL is he? He has not played a game in the big show yet, and that's understandable because he is very young. However, is he going to play next season, or will King's fans have to wait even longer to see their stud d-man?

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Mountie said:
This is a defenceman that has all the potential in the world. He's sound positionally, isn't afraid to use his under-sized body, and has incredible skills. Hell, tsn.ca even says that he could contend for the Norris someday.

BUt how far away from the NHL is he? He has not played a game in the big show yet, and that's understandable because he is very young. However, is he going to play next season, or will King's fans have to wait even longer to see their stud d-man?

He is recovering from surgery on an injured wrist, in Manchester (kings AHL affiliate). I think that he would be playing for the Kings if he were healthy.

Old Hickory

Mountie said:

I heard he arrived to North America injured, He had a great prospects tournament where the injury was aggravated.
He was sent to Manchester to heal and get ice time and as Jungle Boy said ended up needing wrist surgery.
I am sure if he were healthy he would have been called up by now. He is a few weeks away from a return

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
I think his stock dropped a bit this season, but still a good player. Future top-four D man for sure. Not to sure about his Norris potential anymore though

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
kremlin said:
Not to sure about his Norris potential anymore though

I hardly see how playing only 20 games (with an injury) and than getting injured and sidelined changes his potential in any way, shape or form. Either you thought he was a potential Norris trophy winner before (and still do) or you never thought he was one to begin with. (which would be quite understandable)

As has been mentioned, Grebeshkov would have undoubtedly seen some time by now with all the injuries (he could have very well established himself as a regular) but, unfortunately, his own injury problems have prevented this. Look for him to be a fixture in LA's lineup next season. (and he still may see some time in LA this year if he recovers well and bounces back)

Sammy*

willie said:
I hardly see how playing only 20 games (with an injury) and than getting injured and sidelined changes his potential in any way, shape or form. Either you thought he was a potential Norris trophy winner before (and still do) or you never thought he was one to begin with. (which would be quite understandable)

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
kremlin said:
I think his stock dropped a bit this season, but still a good player. Future top-four D man for sure. Not to sure about his Norris potential anymore though

there is no reason for his stock to have dropped this year. it's a wrist injury and he hardly did anything to damage his rep. as people said before me, either u thought he was a potential #1 or u didn't, but nothing this year should have changed ur mind.

swinginutter*

I seen him in training camp, and pre-season games with the Kings. He's slick as snot, and going to Manchester wasn't a bad thing. He's been hampered with wrist injuries all year, but once he gets acclimated to the NA style of play, he'll be nails for us. He was on a line with Visnovsky against the Ducks at the pond, and his comfort level on the puck was unreal. He reminds me of Gary Suter....head always up, and has a laser of a shot. He should fall into the #1/2 role in about 3/4 years. Talking about Norris, is a stretch, but not out of the question.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mountie said:

this description reminds me andrei markov !
should be interesting to follown him !! ;)

KINGLEWOOD

Apr 6, 2003
INGLEWOOD, CA
Visit site
swinginutter said:
I seen him in training camp, and pre-season games with the Kings. He's slick as snot, and going to Manchester wasn't a bad thing. He's been hampered with wrist injuries all year, but once he gets acclimated to the NA style of play, he'll be nails for us. He was on a line with Visnovsky against the Ducks at the pond, and his comfort level on the puck was unreal. He reminds me of Gary Suter....head always up, and has a laser of a shot. He should fall into the #1/2 role in about 3/4 years. Talking about Norris, is a stretch, but not out of the question.

I agree 100% with this post, I saw Grebeshkov play in the first game of the rookie tournament and I was absolutely amazed by his play. I thought he was the best skater on the ice that night, he has the ability to keep control of the puck in his own zone and move it up the ice to help create scoring chances, even Dave Taylor has compared him to former King Mathiew Schneider.

On the down side Greb's needs to add some more muscle, at this point I think it might be hard for him to take the punishment on a nightly basis that comes with playing in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->