Dennis Cholowski signs a 3 year EL Contract

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Too bad Portland lost? On the contrary I would think. Let's get them booted out of the playoffs so he can report to Grand Rapids and get his feet wet on an AHL playoff run against men instead of a playoff run against other kids in the WHL!
Doubt he would get a game in with GR, Saarijarvi can’t even get a spot right now

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Do some of their contracts expire soon... Like most of those forwards? What about D?

On D we have no upcoming UFA's, but Renouf is an RFA. I dont know much about him.
The following year, Sulak, Russo, and Hicketts are all RFA's (though I assume by then Hicketts is either a Wing or gone)

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Chances are if there's no injuries, he won't play, right? Their last regular season game is tonight and the home ice is still TBD, so the stakes are pretty big.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Chances are if there's no injuries, he won't play, right? Their last regular season game is tonight and the home ice is still TBD, so the stakes are pretty big.

I will be at a loss if he doesn't. Why so we can keep a less talented player in the lineup?

I think he will practice for a couple days, but at some point he has to crack the lineup, he is better than who we have.

We didn't ask this when Larkin got there and we shouldn't ask it when either Cholowski or Rasmussen (if he does lose next round and we are still in the AHL playoffs) are going to draw into the lineup. They should, they are better players than what we have and developed enough physically we have nothing to worry about. As soon as he has the system he should be in for somebody, in my opinion he is their best d-man the first game he suits up.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I will be at a loss if he doesn't. Why so we can keep a less talented player in the lineup?

I think he will practice for a couple days, but at some point he has to crack the lineup, he is better than who we have.

We didn't ask this when Larkin got there and we shouldn't ask it when either Cholowski or Rasmussen (if he does lose next round and we are still in the AHL playoffs) are going to draw into the lineup. They should, they are better players than what we have and developed enough physically we have nothing to worry about. As soon as he has the system he should be in for somebody, in my opinion he is their best d-man the first game he suits up.

I completely agree, the best players should play. The coaching staff better have the same idea.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

He has too.

It's the justification for having a farm system

Sure its nice to allow guys who will never play in the NHL more time to play the game but the focus has to be about detroit.

He is our top Dman prospect, play him

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He has too.

It's the justification for having a farm system

Sure its nice to allow guys who will never play in the NHL more time to play the game but the focus has to be about detroit.

He is our top Dman prospect, play him

I have no problem with AHL teams trying to win. They are their own organizations.

In the case of both Cholowski and Rasmussen, they are players that help you win. They are more talented than the vast majority of guys on AHL rosters. Their stays at that level are going to be short or non-existent in the case of Rasmussen outside of this potential run. They draw in precisely because you're trying to win and they give you the best chance. Not just because the Griffins are the Red Wings play things. No that is why Givani Smith is going to just be a practice guy because that is not good for all involved. But playing Cholowski or Rasmussen are no-brainer decisions for me because they improve the Griffins chances of winning in games they suit up for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->