Dennis Beyak Final World Juniors

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
He referred to Norway today twice as Switzerland. He often confuses Czechs and Slovaks.

But I have nothing against him, he does an okay job. Happy trails.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I enjoy Beyak's call. He'll be missed.
I first started listening to him on the radio CFQC in Saskatoon doing the Blades’ games in the early /mid 1980s I recall . I think he arrived after Roger Millions left for TV and the Calgary Flames. Dennis was always a great call. He’s had a wonderful run and deserves to move forward on his terms. Congrats Dennis Beyak!

Reactions: Chainshot

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Just a good, honest call with plenty of random stats and material, Dennis is the lunch-pail journeyman of sports broadcasting and it's hard to fault him for anything. Hearing him with the call the other day was like hearing an old song you used to love, he'll forever be broadcasting royalty in Winnipeg. We missed him after his NHL retirement, we'll miss him again when he goes for good.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Good man with extensive knowledge and a unique voice. Will be missed. I think he easily could have carried on but props for retiring before it's too late. He's been fantastic all the way. Can't say the same about everybody. Happy retirement, Dennis!

Reactions: Pieck

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Can't say I'll miss him. Maybe it's from being forced to listen to the Jets crew when a team I like is playing them, but I've always found him to be one of the more annoying voices in hockey.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Congratulations on a solid career to Dennis.

Not surprised to see the people on TSN get emotional. I ran into Shane Hnidy a few years back and we were chatting about his transition to doing the colour for the Jets/ Vegas and Shane couldn’t say enough good things about Beyak as a guy he learned allot from, but mostly what a great person Dennis was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad