Demko injured and potentially out for rest of series UPDATE: Demko is done?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nashville over Vancouver was already my big upset pick heading into the playoffs. This just makes me even more confident that it will happen.

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Well, this is just an opportunity for all the players to show they can win without him.

Time to show everybody what you’re made up. Up and down the line up.
Sure, but losing a goalie the calibre of Demko will be nearly impossible to overcome.

Has a team ever won when their goalie gets injured and he’s their 2nd or 3rd best player?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sure, but losing a goalie the calibre of Demko will be nearly impossible to overcome.

Has a team ever won when their goalie gets injured and he’s their 2nd or 3rd best player?
Edmonton in 06 is maybe the closest in 'recent' memory that comes to mind... but that was during game 1 of the SCF not game 1 of the playoffs. It's an incredibly tall task for a team and the back-up goaltender

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Edmonton in 06 is maybe the closest in 'recent' memory that comes to mind... but that was during game 1 of the SCF not game 1 of the playoffs. It's an incredibly tall task for a team and the back-up goaltender
For sure, I think if you were a Nucks fan all you can do is hope your players play their best , but I wouldn’t be mad if they lost as a player of Demkos calibre is a massive loss.

Teams can get by without maybe your best D or C, but there is typically too big of a fan between your #1 elite G and the backup.

I wonder if Silvos gets a chance if DeSmith doesn’t exceed?

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Not perfect examples, but at times unheralded guys have come out and been great goalies en route to the Cup:
Cam Ward in 2006, Matt Murray, Aiden Hill, rookies like Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Sorry guys. I expected your team to have a hard time in the playoffs for different reasons than this. Injury sucks. Good luck.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not perfect examples, but at times unheralded guys have come out and been great goalies en route to the Cup:
Cam Ward in 2006, Matt Murray, Aiden Hill, rookies like Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden
No doubt but the qualifier on the question was when the goalie who went down with injury was a top 2-3 player on the team. Gerber, Fleury, Lerner don’t fit that criteria like Demko… now I would maybe push back and say Demko is 4th most important/best player on Vancouver but he is up there in that conversation.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Dang, saw this whenever (yesterday?)

Kind of a massive blow to the Canucks.

I have no opinion about it other than that must be a punch to the gut. Rest of the team has to step up then....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad