Confirmed with Link: Dell signed to two year extension ($1.9m per year cap hit)

KKurzNHL

Sep 1, 2013
I'm not going to dismiss that it could have been said. I just remain skeptical until I see something definitive since I never heard anything like that in those kind of terms prior to now. I don't think it honestly matters since things change and offers change over time.

Dell and his agent both told me earlier this year that they planned to wait until the season was over to talk contract extension. Agent told me first, Dell confirmed it. That doesn't mean he was ever going to test the free agent market.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Who cares what Gackle wrote? What did Dell actually say, not Gackle's interpretation, but what Dell actually said, that has you convinced Dell was set on trying FA?

It's like I told you. Back then, I heard and read from 2,3 sources I can't remember that Dell isn't gonna sign a contract until the end of the season. That's what convinced me back then. But now, knowing about the Kurz article, I think it's possible that he, and his misleading title, may be guilty of starting this. I'd like to think that somebody on one of the TV programs mentioned it so maybe some TV guys just read Kurz' title and that was the start of it. I honestly don't know. I believed it back then, seemed to make sense but I really don't know. I'm still convinced that Dell talked to at least one journalist about his situation though. Kurz is awful but I don't think he'd make something up just like that.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Dell and his agent both told me earlier this year that they planned to wait until the season was over to talk contract extension. Agent told me first, Dell confirmed it. That doesn't mean he was ever going to test the free agent market.

Every player will say the same thing also. Unless they truely want to test free agency then they will just say they will be testing it.

No player wants the distraction for himself or his team to be about contract extensions during the season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is your interpretation of it but not what Gackle actually wrote. Do you realize that?
Why are you accusing me of something you're in fact doing yourself?

I actually put in the post what Gackle actually wrote. What Gackle actually wrote was not that Dell wanted out via trade or free agency. That is what your interpretation has been so I'm not doing what you believe I am doing. This is honestly hilarious.

Was that before or after that article with the agent's quote around Thanksgiving? Your article didn't exactly give quotes saying that was the plan. It was more wait and see rather than a definitive we're not going to talk before the season is over.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Is this a dumber argument then hinterland losing his mind over the sharks "helping" the leafs in the Fehr trade?

That's just one of the reasons why I dislike the trade...the other one I think we've seen so far. He's not a Center. Has little to do with Dell though.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Dell could have gone elsewhere for more money. I think this is a great deal. Jones and Dell are comfortable with each other, and this keeps the core in tact.

KKurzNHL

Sep 1, 2013
It's like I told you. Back then, I heard and read from 2,3 sources I can't remember that Dell isn't gonna sign a contract until the end of the season. That's what convinced me back then. But now, knowing about the Kurz article, I think it's possible that he, and his misleading title, may be guilty of starting this. I'd like to think that somebody on one of the TV programs mentioned it so maybe some TV guys just read Kurz' title and that was the start of it. I honestly don't know. I believed it back then, seemed to make sense but I really don't know. I'm still convinced that Dell talked to at least one journalist about his situation though. Kurz is awful but I don't think he'd make something up just like that.

There's nothing misleading about the title, bro. Not sure which part of this you can't comprehend, it seems pretty straightforward.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's funny that during the time he's re-signed, Jones is playing his best hockey in the last several months, although it did start before the signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad